Southampton V Everton - Build-up/Match Thread/Reactions

Owen Hargreaves said that we’re missing Forster more than anyone.

Anyone else lay the blame at Steklenberg’s door?

Hargash.

1 Like

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Owen Hargreaves said that we’re missing Forster more than anyone.

Anyone else lay the blame at Steklenberg’s door?

Didn’t see the 3rd. Nothing he could have done about the 1st or 2nd.

Reckon Hargreaves is chatting brown.

Hargreaves is on the same planet as Savage.

Controversially perhaps, I never felt confident with Forster between the sticks.

Even when we were in the middle of the spree of clean sheets, he always looked immobile and unconfident to me.

2 Games in and I feel more confident with Steklenberg. Looks more mobile.

I reckon OH is lazily equating clean sheets with Forster’s performance - or I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Popping over to Saintsweb cheered me up!

I’m like:

1 Like

As expected, they have lost it over on SWF. Although I am slightly surprised about how badly they have lost it.

Can we have our #meltdown now as well?

God that was painful to watch and worse we were outnumbered by bloody Everton fans.

Last time I drive to the pub, that game needed a dozen stiff beers at least to dull the pain.

We just have to admit it was fucking shite, no excuses chin up and move on and improve.

Want to see Koeman’s reaction as it will say a lot about whether he bollocks players or not. He should after that crap but we continue to Thursday.

I hate it when teams nick a goal, they were polite enough to turn us over in every department and even the ref booking all of our players and letting theirs off with equally bad fouls didn’t change things.

However pissed off we are, I’m sure Ron and the players can match the feeling - and some.

Sort it Ronnie, sort it.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/_VxOvaVtTuU

But Robbie Savage said that Jamie had a brilliant game

The only positive I can find is that we were playing OK until the first goal. If we had gone ahead, or even not conceded when we did the game may have developed differently. That’s just a maybe though.

Jebus, I’m sad right now. Not wetting the bed for the rest of the season, just sad. Pretty much as sad as I am after almost every single start to the season I can remember as a Saints fan. God, I hate this game, except for when I love it.

.Disappointing game. Classic case of not taking chances. We really miss Bertrand, Pelle knocked a couple of balls to the left. Matt was nowhere near the target.

How was the new guy?

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

How was the new guy?

Morganesque in stature…an assure presence…didn’t look out of place…early promise.

1 Like

Not the best chance to judge him. The big silver lining is that if Koeman has an inkling for more reinforcements, today is the justifaction.

1 Like

Bugger.

Probably my fault. Always happens when I lend my season ticket to my brother.

Sorry guys and gals. :slight_frown:

I think Yoshida has taken the defeat heavily:

Hope he doesn’t do anything rash with his ceremonial samurai sword.

Oh well, Toby cheered me up by giving away the penalty that helped Pochettino shuffle closer to the sack - a small crumb of comfort.

2 Likes