Southampton v Sunderland - Build up and match thread

Won’t make a difference for our shot shy strikers/false 10s/whatevs

Mannone blow for Sunderland
Sunderland goalkeeper Vito Mannone has been ruled out for at least three months with an elbow injury.

Rockstone presuamably before the game?

Do they still have lurch in reserve? If so, he is not bad.

As if there were any doubt.

2 Likes

BBC match preview

A massive 6 pointer for both teams, and Southampton in particular will be desperate to turn around their relegation form before they are cut too far adrift. I can’t see it. At their current rate of 0.5 points per game, Saints are on track for a 19 point season total, which will make them the third worst team in Premier League history, and ensure Championship football next season.

Saints will be resting their hopes on top scorer Nathan Redmond (1 goal), and will be looking forward to the closure of the transfer window, to put to bed mooted interest from Liverpool, until at least January. Ah, Liverpool. There’s a team.

Moyes is a proper manager, and I’ve never even heard of this French Cunt.

Lawro prediction: 0-2

4 Likes

I knew some people from Sunderland and they are the worst kind of geordies, they are always like “I’m not a geordy” but I know they are. They say NEW - Castle like it is two words and they are describing a new form of residential defence, they also go out in New Castle for beers and for shopping but then go back to their slums across that bridge to sleep. They are nice people in general, if a bit strange. There is little fun to be had in beating them though as they just say “aye, we are shit but as-long as we beat the toon”.

1 Like

Long out, Chas in…

Originally posted by @Optimus-trousers

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

One change for #SaintsFC as @chazaustin10 starts against #SAFC!

Here is today’s team in full:

Retweets: 76

Favourites: 67

…securely fashioned by Optimus trousers…beta v1.8

Fans forums. Making us all look like Twonks since the dawn of the innerweb thingy

1 Like

Let’s hope they need to get Pickfords in to keep removing the ball from their net

1 Like

Originally posted by @Optimus-trousers

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

:camera_flash:

All smiles ahead of kick-off! :blush: #saintsfc

Retweets: 7

Favourites: 26

…uncordially dreamed up by Optimus trousers…beta v1.8

Tore them to shreds 1st 20 mins could have had 3 or 4.

Then just went off boil all jittery.

Fonte looks off the pace again gave a blatant penalty away how did ref miss it & Defoe should have scored while he was ball watching.

Could lose this easily no idea why

2 Likes

Lino also missed 3 offside decisions against them cripes even sms is jittery

Snap out of it people it’s not Puel

It’s because Eric is at the game

Thought it would be a walk over in the first 10 / 15mins. Gone off the boil. Can see us throwing it away…ffs

The joys of supporting the Saints I guess…

1 Like

We’ve looked devoid of ideas. Sunderland are closing us down really well in midfield and pushing on to stop Targett and Cedric getting forward.

Lots of spells of play where we pass it sideways 6 or 7 times, then kick it long to Austin or Tadic running down a wing - usually gets intercepted or goes into touch.

Can’t work out who would improve this formation and style of play. Long might have better movement and hold up play, but the system looks too easy to press at the moment

Booo.

1 Like

Just showed average formation we HAVE to get down our left in more numbers we are totally lopsided no sign of any diamond shape mow a triangle with long side down right

1 Like

Lee Mason is a clueless cunt.

2 Likes

Austin lacks the pace to make his position in this formation work.

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Lee Mason is a clueless cunt.

Would also like to see the Austin offside again. Pitch markings make it difficult to see, but he looked onside.

1 Like

Swap him for Long?

1 Like

Long on, for TADIC.??