Southampton V Watford Build up and match day thread

Yet we have seen these players play decent attacking football and score goals in the past (ok, well in the past) so we know the problem doesnt lie with their capabilities. We looked a quality side against United in the final and if VVD had been playing we probably would have deservedly won the game. Is it some kind of collective mental weakness where we only perform in certain games? Puel clearly struggled with whatever issue seems to affect this bunch of players. I really hope MP can find a solution. The Southampton football manager’s nemesis over on Fiverweb, Batman, has already started a thread on how long he will last. Yes, just 4 league matches in.

1 Like

Banned mush, you go over there, loads of liberals I hear…

What a surprise. Not many liberals, plenty of people with similar views to you though both in football and in how they see the world.

Seems a bit harsh Barry. Are they a bit precious over on this ‘Saintsweb’ then? Never had the pleasure of visiting them myself.

Best not visit. You’ll come away feeling slightly soiled…

3 Likes

Grassed up for being right, also for being negative.

You negative?

They’re not stupid then.

Explain please Barry.

Lallana transfer.

I don’t get it. You said Nivia was leaving and got banned.

Bit fucking harsh, i’d say.

1 Like

There we go, the truth hurts, people don’t want to hear the truth, a bit like our shit method of play.

There was a bit more to it than that as I recall. As much as anything Steve Grant, who runs the site, wanted to get rid of Barry as he wound people up and wasn’t exactly well liked or highly regarded. Barry gave Steve an excuse (a story about Lallana being in Liverpool looking at houses a couple of days before a home match, flatly contradicted by another poster who knows Lallana’s family) and was promptly dispatched to the netherworld.

Barry, I think it’s fair to say, has been smarting about the injustice of it all ever since. He doesn’t like to talk about it though.

1 Like

So was I wrong? He was in the house with my mate a day after collecting the player of the season award choosing house colours, maybe Lallana didn’t phone up and tell his families friend? Why the fuck would he?

I’ve no idea if you were wrong or right, neither do I care. But your mates do seem to hve a tendency to pass on pretty duff information to you at times, which you invariably lap up and pass on as the unquestionable truth. Let’s see now - £81M bid for van Dijk accepted, anyone?

1 Like

The fact is it was true so we do know, many people reported he was gone, same with Coutinho etc etc. Me being banned there was personal and childish, banning for telling the truth, and to pay a ÂŁ5 for the privilege.

Given that Batman is still allowed to post there, you must have surpassed yourself.

1 Like

I feel for Barry.

That’s Banning and slapping the face at the same time. Such a non reason(fair play to Grant, he sounds like he knew it would keep gnawing away).

My sympathies Barry.

Edit: what is this ÂŁ81m offer, that only the player could have turned down?

His loss of a £5, if bellends like me didn’t post it would be a scarfer clapper echo chamber.

No matter what you say about Barry, Steve Grant and Boj are full on bellends.

4 Likes

Thank you chubby punter, I may be a bellend but I’ve never downvoted nor grassed up, a proper librarian me.

2 Likes