Southampton vs Hull Match Thread - 29/4/17 K.O. 15:00

You say potato I say potato :lou_eyes_to_sky:

if Im honest thats what I like best about him. He looks like a character out of The Office.

Thats another reason why I couldnt be a football manager : picking players because they dont look like footballers. I think Hull used to have another one in the past who looked more like a rugby league player, Dean Windass

1 Like

Oh dear. Mark Laurenson has us down to win 2-0. That doesnā€™t bode well.

3 Likes

The third or forth win he has given us this season and we have won them all its his defeats turn into wins or draws not the other way around.

He plays the %game and if he is a betting man I would give up between him and Saints.

1 Like

All fair points guys and girls, thanks for your balanced replies!

FWIW I think Stephens is going to fall just short of the claibre we want, but I also see the reasons for giving him the opportunity in what is in reality a pretty dead season for us - weā€™re fighting over scraps now to be fair. I agree with Simon that weā€™ve probably got definite long-term targets in place and Caceres doesnā€™t feature in our plans (especially if he would end up demanding a high wage) so whatā€™s the point in playing him? Just to try to cement 9th or push for 8th? Hardly seems worth it.

If Stephens was obviously out of his depth and really struggling Iā€™d agree with NY Saint, and Iā€™m sure Puel would too, but in the meantime itā€™s worth persisting to see if he takes his chance with a run in the team.

Iā€™d be surprised if we donā€™t see one of Schar or Semedo (possibly both if VVD leaves) as I have a hunch theyā€™re our long-term targets.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if MCs wages are partly pay as you play, hence the reluctance to give him a game

or, I say potato and you say portatoe (ie you say it wrong)

2 Likes

I think Stephens has done well enough to keep Caceres out of the side. Thatā€™s it.

4 Likes

Hull are absolutely shocking away. 7 points all season scoring 9 in 17 games. Conceding 2.5 a game away! Thatā€™s the most conceded by any team in the premier league.

2-0. Or they may get 1 out of complete determination.

oh and Barry is Batman right?

Right 1st pint down - game on! Keep me up to date with the game guys. Ta :lou_lol:

3 Likes

If youā€™ve got through your first pint already and intend to continue at that rate, Iā€™m not sure anything we tell you about the game will register by mid-afternoon.

2 Likes

You still hanging from that half of cider the other week? :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

This is the only conclusion Ive come to as well

Youā€™re not wrong @goatboy , I was up on the shed roof in me pants, shouting abuse at passers-by for three days until the police teased me down with a bar of 70% cocoa.

5 Likes

X pints inā€¦

Just broke the seal. Iā€™ll be pissing all afternoon.

:lou_sad:

1 Like

Fucking hell. Thatā€™s a mental front 4. Itā€™s like the early 80s all over again.

Having said that Iā€™m putting money on 0-0.

9 pints in an hour and 15 min is some going C-S I assume you are using Roman numerals?

I fear Rallyboy may be right

1 Like