Sparta match thread

Is this an awful Puel diamond formation? Or did he change it tonight?

We’re playing 4 4 fucking 2

With Cuco as a false 9.

And sometimes #10 or in the hole

2 Likes

:laughing:

But, I know better. I’ve played Football Manager 2016 ffs

2 Likes

FFS you sound like a MoTD pundit who knows diddly-squat.

Can you explain that? Think a few of us are too embarrassed to ask…

:lou_wink:

1 Like

I’d like to think he’s being ironic

4 Likes

Got a stream going so can actually watch it

enjoying the last 10 mins of blurry action

Originally posted by @TedMaul

Originally posted by @cobham-saint

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

With Cuco as a false 9.

And sometimes #10 or in the hole

FFS you sound like a MoTD pundit who knows diddly-squat.

Can you explain that? Think a few of us are too embarrassed to ask…

:lou_wink:

I’d like to think he’s being ironic

You’d like to hope so, otherwise being the only Saints supporter in the pub earlier, sorry, the only Saints supporter inside watching the telly box, means we’ve still got a long way to go to be a “big club”…

Top the group! Woohoo!

3-0 JRod!

2 Likes

PM me and can share other links…not tomoz but before Sun

There we are

got to see jrod’s goal :cool:

5 Likes

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

Top the group! Woohoo!

It’s great :laughing:

nice finish by jay. Bit of a boring second half but I think we took our foot off the gas somewhat. We won that very easily. A good performance.

3 Likes

Dear Spurs.

That is how you play a home European game.

Love

#saintsfc

7 Likes

:laughing:

I’ll be going along once I get paid - just moved and between security deposit, agency fees, food and first month’s rent in advance I’m too broke for the pub!

3 Likes

Also, for streaming purposes I find this site to be very good:

http://www.eplsite.com/

1 Like

Got Halow TV working on Kodi, so got to see most of the match. Unfortunately no BT Europe stream so had to listen to Arabic commentary all the way through.

Some lovely football at times and unlucky not to score more. Defence looked a little exposed at times and did offer up a few opportunities that a better team might have taken.

Great result though and nice to see JRod get a goal at the end. Hjobjerg looked quality and Martina had a great match.

2 Likes

Thanks mate, nice summary.

Good win but against surprisingly weak opposition. Very reminiscent of the Vitesse match where you realised that actually, our European opponents were probably only about Championship-level.

Slight complaint here but Redmond not being a striker really showed when Hojbjerg put Martina through only for Redmond to ask for an impossible pull-back rather than taking 3 steps forward and allowing Martina to simply skid it across the face of goal for a tap-in in the second half.

Anyway. Can only beat what’s in front of you. Good stuff all around and the fact we never had to get out of third gear can only be a good thing.