Sparta Prague v Saints Build Up and Match Thread

We’ll only get scared when they stop hanging.

Anybody watching in London? MIGHT be in town tomorrow evening at a loose end.

1 Like

Didn’t you get the message after your last trip to London??

5 Likes

I will happily tell you if I have even the slightest expectation that you will show up.

1 Like

My meeting is at 6 (I know, I know) in the City (Barbican). Should be able to see the second half or at least the fat lady singing.

Where is Hesketh. I thought he would be making the trip. For me he has made the brightest impact of any of our academy this year. hopefully a replacement for Davis

We already have a thread for this - you do read this site, right?

We’ll be in the Sheaf on Southwark Street - just about walking distance from the Barbican- and we hope (but not expect) to see you there

4 Likes

quote from the BBC

Long has travelled to the match - leaving behind his nine-day old son Jax Anthony

Jax?

Hesketh is injured.

Prague is fucking shit hot.

The flight full of Saints fans was fucking hideous.

Best bit so far is some young lad saying to my Uncle: “yeah but how long have you been a Saints fan?”

and him replying: “Grimsby, 1959.”

I’m a bit tipsy now but I will try to update over the next few days.

Fit gal mate.

Everywhere.

8 Likes

Do we need to start a collection for Goat’s bail money yet, or is there a specific thread for that?

3 Likes

Why do you think he has been running a just giving page for so long?

1 Like

I think they made all the ugly women stay at home last night. Ridiculous.

Rolled in around half 2. Shitfaced.

Sat in the pub thinking to myself: “it’s great that everyone speaks English”, then a round of OWTS kicked off and I realised that everyone was fucking English.

Bit rough this morning but I will punch my way through it. COYR!!!

8 Likes

Tickets bagged. MLT met. Benali congratulated on his charity work. Top blokes. Happy Goaty :lou_lol:

5 Likes

Just walking down to get my ticket now. Is it busy?

The women are lovely aren’t they. Think LDH shot his bolt a bit early in Milan.

1 Like

I fucking love Prague, but couldn’t make it to this. Weirdly though I hate the thought of that fine city, with all of its ‘aesthetically pleasing’ aspects, being defiled by Saints fans.

Small queue.not too bad. We have had a coffee. Overated. Back on the beer :lou_lol:

1 Like

3 of us sat by the copper vat if you fancy saying hello. I have a dapper cravat on :lou_facepalm_2:

Just picked this up from another fans site

have a suggestion that would work well for anyone looking for a beer or two after the game.

Prague Beer Museum (it’s not a museum!)
The address is Dlouha 46
If you are walking from the stadium towards the old town square, it is just after crossing the river by Stefanikuv most (Stephen bridge).
The bar has 30 Czech beers on tap, offers simple food until 10pm and some beer snacks after that, and stays open until 3am (if required).
Juke box majors on heavy metal.

It might not suit people looking to while away the afternoon in civilised surroundings near the Old Town Square, let alone posh nosh, but it’s a good late night bar in a handy location.

1 Like

Not jealous at all.

Hopefully we get through to knock out rounds and things improve on the work front next year & II can get across for some “meetings”

We’re gonna make a big thing of it - all out to our legendary Curry Shop for Dinner, follow that up with some Moonshine Vodka & Slivowich tasting beforre collapsing into Barasti for the game IF Mrs D_P lets me out (we’re trying to move into a downsized apartment so I’m getting time management issues so to speak)

If we don’t win, Eric & I will at least be able to send offensive smelly Curry Farts northwards towards Prague

Your fears are well grounded. I saw more than one (can’t bring myself to call them Saints fans) laying face down in the gutter last night. When I was in the queue for the tickets most of the oiks were planning on visiting the Irish bars straight from there. So at least I know where to avoid. Not like drinking wine outside Signorvino, more like the canal in the Irish bars.

so many good places to go in Prague, let’s hope the oiks can’t find them!

4 Likes