Spring Budget 2017

Actually, is it though? Thinking about it, it’s 7.5% isn’t it, so it’s £225, so overall it’s £500 a year. Meh.

1 Like

You relocated to Blackburn?

1 Like

No. Why is you say that?

The most holes in the UK innit.

Interesting. Doesn’t sound like much of a market for me tho, I mean if they’ve already got a lot of holes. I’m looking for places where there is shortage of holes. If you know anywhere like that, let me know.

Don’t your “holes” have to be in wooded areas? For shitting purposes?

3 Likes

I’d ask Goat. He’s usually looking to bury “things”.

Mi nd you it’ll probably be at night in secluded locations

You ok with that?

1 Like

According to bbc budget calculator I am better off by £9.07 a month.

There are a lot of agency workers where I am who are self employed. The councils are bringing in measuresome to make sure they’re paying tax properly. Many are already becoming permanent because of the hassle. Whether this will add to that.

your mums holes have been filled, start there.

2 Likes

Outside of @coxford_lou , of course…

It’s not that much and I am honestly not sure why the contractor websites are making such a song and dance about it.

4 emails and counting, including my accountant. Last year’s changes cost me far more!!

Offset by 1% cut in corporation tax now, and a further 2% by 2020 - increasing dividend take. I don’t give a crap about paying more or less tax, but that’s not a lot of money to run a country on.

1 Like

The’re not running the country they are raping it

2 Likes

The public sector contractor are getting the shaft at the moment. Where the govt are shifting the Ir35 determination onto the End Client and agency along with the liability, our agency and organisations like Tfl are refusing to engage limited company contractors to the public sector. There too much risk and reliance on answers from third party numpties to be sure of our position.

Give it a year and this will roll into private sector.

He doesn’t mention the fact that deliveroo drivers should be employed - if they were engaged properly then this rise wouldn’t affect them.

1 Like

Leave.

No seriously.

Stay out of Blighty for a tax year (or for eg leave in October & stay out until after 6th April)

Invoice for office based work from wherever you are.

Then you are allowed basically 60 days in the UK without incurring any tax liability PLUS transit days - so if you fly in and out for 60 days of work then you can actually be in UK for 180 days.

Simples.

(Oh you’d need to find a tax free location like The Channel Islands or IoM and gain residency - but you self employed are rolling in cash for that, OR move down here, only 300 quid per commute)

Or become a non resident of anywhere as I am.

Out of UK system as never there.

In Malaysian system but company pays any applicable tax there

Visitor to the Philippines.

When I think of it I must be a world citizen.

I am a UK national

Married to a Filipina

Working in Malaysia.

Living in Philippines

Company is based in the Netherlands

Technical office is in Monaco.

I get paid from a Swiss Bank Account

2 Likes