St Etienne v Saints

They don’t(take your eyes away from the cleavage and it’ll become obvious).

No, he skips/jumps into a perfect world(nice attempted deflection).

Now say it. JWP is a God amongst mortals and only held back by the lesser beings he has been cursed to walk amongst(this is as possible as booby girls being anything more than average).

He does fall over and that dog is dead now :lou_sad: Great tune though

OK gang, help me out here.

I thought we play a variance of 4 - 3 - 3. Front 3 being CF and the likes of say Redmond & Tadic in a kind of arrow head shape

Then we play 3 in MF the likes of Davis Romeu & JWP.

But this morning I’m struggling to understand how everyone is talking about having 2 DM’s ?

So have we actually gone back to Mike Bassett days? and are playing 4 - 4 fooking - or have most of the fiverweb crew never actually noticed before?

Yours sincerely

Recovering from hangover so couldn’t focus on my mobile phone to watch the game yesterday

SOS are you mad? You must be, I deflect the quality of a pop band with a falling jester dwarf, you’re off your head son.

It started as 4-2-3-1 yesterday with Romeu and Davis holding.

I watched on and off on my phone and it looked as though Austin played deeper than Gabbiadini. Or maybe that was just during a short phase of play that I was paying attention to. Boufal on the left and Tadic on the right.

Arguably it could have been 4-4-1-1. Definitely wasn’t Claude’s 4-3-3 though. Thank fuck.

Here you go Phil:

1 Like

Thanks for that @simon-says

So my input. Think it was last game of last season when Austin came back into the team, it was clear he was “off the pace” but what I did notice was that he actually seemed to have a lot of time on the ball. He seems to be an intelligent footballer who can look up and make a pass (kind of the opposite to Redmond last season - who tended to do the hard work then mess up the 5 yard pass).

In which case what we could be seeing is history repeat itself - Mark Hughes intially dropped into that role when he joined us.

I’ll watch with interest now, I still prefer the 4 - 1 - 3 - 1 - 1 myself and Chelsea and others have shown that their Wing back 3 at the back system can tear our system to shreds at times.

But then what do I know. I won one game at SMS by changing from 4 - 4 - fooking 2 to a “False 9” - got walloped in the return match for trying the same system :wink:

Go back to my first reply to you.

Let me know if you’re still confused.

Now Hail the living God that is JWP(almost as if this thread was about football).