šŸ–– Star Trek returning to small screens :starfleet:

Iā€™d go with Kira as well, in fact I would definitely go with Kira (the actress not the juvenile unit)

1 Like

Well, I didnā€™t make it that difficult. Iā€™ve voted you all up for nerdy guesses though. I think Michael Eddington would have been an interesting name to give to a girl.

1 Like

Ahemm, unless youā€™re Sussex in disguise where is my upvote!!

1 Like

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2017!! WT actual F??

I sat down with my kids (aged 10 and 7) to watch the original series. They lasted about 10 minutes before getting bored. Apparently, itā€™s too slow and has rubbish effects :lou_sad:

While you can read too much into the trailers, I did think that the ā€œNew Crewsā€ text blurb was interesting. Perhaps confirms the rumour that the show will be an anthology series.

Star Trek : Fargo.

Bring it the fuck on.

I wondered if the translucent shattered earth like planet meant it was in the mirror universe - sure it wonā€™t be but still.

So many times and places they could set it. Was sure at one point we were going to see a ā€˜Red squadā€™ spin off or even a Starfleet acadamy series.

Kinda hope its set after TNG etc. Enterprise suffered at times from trying to be ā€˜futuristic yet retroā€™ if they pitch it in a new time period there will be no constraints on th etech etc

Well, they could always Dr Who it. After all they had the Time Ship stuff in Voyagerā€¦

Well, they could always Dr Who it. After all they had the Time Ship stuff in Voyagerā€¦

Your alternate self has made contact from the other timeline.

1 Like

The reports Iā€™ve heard indicate that the first series will be set between Undiscovered Country and TNG. Interestingly, other series may be set in different time periods, something made possible with the anthology format.

Not sure on the number of episodes. Anthology shows tend to be tighter experiences than the aimed-for-syndication Trek, which was 20-something episodes a season, although Trek has managed something similar itself.

Enterprise Season 3, also known as the Xindi arc, was a whole season devoted to one objective. Alright, itā€™s not technically an anthology - Season 4 picked up where it left off, but it shows that Star Trek can do focus. Sorta.

The Xindi arc was brilliant. Equally DS9 and Voyager had one main storyline that gavce latitude for weekly forays off the track - would very much like the new one to be like that.

I see there is a twitter campain to get DS9 on blu ray for the 50th celebrations - I need to have it in HD. Although an HD Jeri Ryan is pretty high up on that list as well

2 Likes

A 3D Jeri Ryan would be better ā€¦

Originally posted by @Sussexsaint

The Xindi arc was brilliant. Equally DS9 and Voyager had one main storyline that gavce latitude for weekly forays off the track - would very much like the new one to be like that.

DS9 was better over the whole series, but I think the Xindi arc might be my favourite single season of Trek.

I see there is a twitter campain to get DS9 on blu ray for the 50th celebrations - I need to have it in HD.

I was a huge fan of DS9. So much to love about it, even though there were constant rumours it was thieving a lot of ideas from Babylon 5. JMS, B5ā€™s creator, took his concept to the Trek people. They turned him down, but had a very similar show come out at the same time.

As it goes, Iā€™m glad both exist. Babylon 5 is definitely the better show, all things considered, but some of the individual performances in Deep Space 9 were exquisite. Pretty much all the of the acting talent on DS9 was excellent, although a couple of the characters came over as a bit wet for a long time, Jadzia and Julian especially.

Although an HD Jeri Ryan is pretty high up on that list as well

Voyager took a real turn for the better once she joined the crew. Did have the slight effect of turning the Borg into villains of the week, but also allowed us to explore them a load more.

and an Ultra HD Tā€™Pol please although, saying that, she does have a very mardy look in a lot of her promo photos.

1 Like

The show will be shown on Netflix, a day after it is shown in the US :lou_lol:

1 Like

And hot on the heels comes the announcement of Star Trek 4 the movie

No Chekov. BUT it is in the USS Kelvin timelineā€¦

Which means that James T will get to meet George.

Liam Hemsworth returns as George Kirk.

Yep of course I understand all that. Itā€™s obvious how all that can happenā€¦

(Really good link for Trek Nerd info Pap.)

Meanwhile. ST3 launches here on Thursday but cannot stand the cinema here in afternoon onwards as always full of morons on fones so we have a gang together heading out to watch the 10:00 am Friday IMAX 3D Will post spoilers during the film unless I earn a Badge this month :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Paramount has officially announced that the Kelvin Timeline will continue in STAR TREK 4 (official title yet to be determined), which will bring back Thor actor Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk in the planned sequel.

Hereā€™s the official press release, which also confirms that one-time STAR TREK BEYOND writers J.D. Payne and Patrick McCay will return for the script.

PARAMOUNT PICTURES, SKYDANCE AND BAD ROBOT
ANNOUNCE A FOURTH ā€œSTAR TREKā€ FILM

CHRIS PINE AND CAST TO BE JOINED BY CHRIS HEMSWORTH, WHO RETURNS TO THE BLOCKBUSTER FRANCHISE AS GEORGE KIRK

HOLLYWOOD, CA (July 18, 2016) ā€“ Paramount Pictures, Skydance and Bad Robot today announced that the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise will return to the big screen for another voyage.

In the next installment of the epic space adventure, Chris Pineā€™s Captain Kirk will cross paths with a man he never had a chance to meet, but whose legacy has haunted him since the day he was born: his father.

Chris Hemsworth, who appeared in 2009ā€™s ā€œSTAR TREK,ā€ will return to the space saga as George Kirk to star alongside Pine.

The remaining cast is expected to return.

J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay will write the screenplay. J.J. Abrams and Lindsey Weber will produce through Bad Robot Productions. David Ellison and Dana Goldberg of Skydance will executive produce.

Weā€™ve known for a year that both Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto have been contracted for a fourth film, and in J.J. Abramsā€™ recent comments about a possible sequel, he confirmed that Anton Yelchinā€™s Chekov would not be recast after the actorā€™s unexpected death.

![|1920x808](upload://eZCC2Jqtz8AMhm3Z6CtNOpBYIYq.jpeg)Chris Hemsworth in his skinnier, pre-Thor days.

More details to follow as they are announced!