Stoke City v Southampton - Build up and Match Thread

Nae fear Goat - Cuco screamer to win.

Yeah - bookies have fucked that up. Iā€™m chucking 20 quid on Stoke.

That line-up looks to have more diamond potential than others weā€™ve seen I reckon. Romeu lying deep and protecting the back four; JWP and Davis on the left and right sides (pretty much interchangeably); Boufal playing in the hole behhind Long and Redmond. Martina and Berrand overlapping, with JWP and Davis covering their forward runs.

Now Iā€™ve posted this, itā€™ll be nothing like how weā€™ll actually line up.

I just hope youā€™re cured of your dirty fucking ways before you become John McClane.

Never was a massive fan of moonlighting :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Is Cedric injured yet again? FFS.

Illā€¦not injured according to Solent. I have a nasty cough too. :lou_sad:

Shane Long shoots and hits the target, but the keeper saves it

We have moved up to 10th as it stands in the live table above Bournemouth

Sofiane Boufal shoots and hits the target, but the keeper saves it

weā€™ve had the better of the game so far but not really tested keeper.

Oooā€¦Stoke down to 10 men for a foul on Boufal.

Arnautovic off.

Stupid from Arnautovic, thereā€™s only one outcome if you go into a tackle with your foot that high. Thatā€™s why he never has been, and never will be the player that he can.

1 Like

Also finding it quite hilarious how the Stoke fans have gone from completely silent to completely infuriated within about 2 minutes. Bless, theyā€™ll tire themselves out by the half hour mark.

2 Likes

SENT OFF! - After a serious foul Marko Arnautovic is dismissed

that last 5-10 mins sums us up. Pass it to the wing, pass it back inside, go back, pass to other wing, run forward a little, turn around, pass back, pass into middle, give it out wide and repeat fucking endlessly.

The issue is a complete lack of movement up top. As Redmond and Boufal drift wide, they leave Shane isolated meaning one or two of our midfield have to push up, but they donā€™t want to be caught out of position so theyā€™re not making runs they canā€™t recover from. Think we need to take a body out of midfield and push somebody higher up to support Long - iā€™d have Jay on for Davis or JWP at half time.

1 Like

Its on a plate now, if we donā€™t score and play the way weā€™re currently playing its all there to see, the style is turgid and slow, sideways passing and shite, has anyone a good link as I am fucking strugging here on 3 machines that blad and two laptops, canā€™t one fucking blag going, and the fucking dog had stratched my fucking eyeball and its hurts like fuck.

Shouldnt you be changing nappies?

Different rooms, the boy is up in the front room with the wife, I am in the back with the bastard eye gouging dog.

4 Likes

Ican see crouch coming on and scoring in the last 5 mins

A header from Nathan Redmond is cleared off the goal line