đŸ„Š The Boxing Thread

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @Bearsy

Originally posted by @Fatso

Ive ignored this thread as I have no interest in boxing

I was surprised to find out this morning that Tyson Fury is white.

The Fury’s foxed us, Bear. While I acknowledge not knowing any whitey with a first name of Tyson, he was born into a boxing family in 1988 and is named after Mike Tyson, according to Wikipedia.

and his dad is early 60’s crooner, Billy.

(This might not actually be true)

Anyone know what Tyson Fury’s ring music was?

BTW if anyone is interested in boxing, you can’t beat ifl TV’s coverage on youtube. Much better than Skys and I pay for bloody sky.

Next one up Dec 12th @ the O2.

For one moment I saw this and thought it was the great debate on Boxing Day
 is it the 26th this year?

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Can’t Stop

No that was Klitchko’s. Fury’s was a county song, somehting like ‘I belong to Jesus’.

I couldn’t hear, the commentators were commentating all over it

Yeah that’s it Bob, found it earier as well. I thought it was a great ring walk (come one bear open goal), very relaxed and very non klitschko. So many boxers come in with some pumping house or rock song. Tyson stayed Gypsy.

Even had time to tarmac a drive on his way to the ring.

Living in Eastleigh Bletch I expect you are used to good fights on a Saturday night. What did you make of this?

I wasn’t in to the De Gale one in the middle of the night but some people loved that as well. De Gale seems to think he is Mayweather all of a sudden.

Didn’t think it was a great fight, Toke.

I thought Fury fought a smart fight, but Wlad seemed to freeze.He just wouldn’t throw the right hand.

I was convinced he’d injured it, but I heard him afterwards say it was simply Fury’s feinting and movement that made him reluctant to let it go. Odd. Really odd. Perhaps he’s just so used to fighting smaller blokes that he can dominate, that he didn’t have a plan?

I’d expect Fury to defend the titles for a long, long time. Perhaps as long as 3-4 rounds!

Not convinced by him, but fair play he won that fight.

Oh, and he’s never 6’9" - unless Klitschko is 6’8" which he ain’t.

I think Dr Steel hammer is used to bullying smaller opponents. He looked scared of Fury. Poor fight but the right decision.

Originally posted by @Tokyo-Saint

I wasn’t in to the De Gale one in the middle of the night but some people loved that as well. De Gale seems to think he is Mayweather all of a sudden.

That was a good fight. I don’t have much time for all the bravado and bluster shit but whatever you might think of DeGale - he’s made the step up so far. Be interesting to see what he does next.

Maybe it is because I struggle to like de gale so didn’t care if he won or lost. Plus he was boxing on the back foot. He always seems to get a lead and then counter. I hated watching Floyd as well. Whereas I’m a big fan of TF.

People don’t seem to rate him and seem to say he won’t last 5 rounds in every but then again the pros are scared of him. Haye was scared and wasted a year of his him and Klitchko was scared as well. He didn’t want to throw the right unless it was the follow up to a jab and he just couldn’t get the jab on TF. He’s quick and moves well for a man of his size.

He is 6:9 B, klitchko was wearing Cuban heals at the weigh in.

2 Likes

Poor fight from poor fighters, Klitschko from being too old and Fury from simply being poor, he spoiled and won and his tactics worked.
Wilder, Joshua and even Povotkin would smash these into oblivion.

Wilder :joy:

Still got it Barry, still got it.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Poor fight from poor fighters, Klitschko from being too old and Fury from simply being poor, he spoiled and won and his tactics worked. Wilder, Joshua and even Povotkin would smash these into oblivion.

And yet that is the same tactics that Floyd Mayweather used/uses and he is extolled for it

Wilder has never knowingly turned up for leg day at the gym.

Boxing

Posted at15:17

Wladimir Klitschko has decided to exercise the rematch clause in his contract for the fight against Tyson Fury.

Klitschko was dethroned as world champion on Saturday, but says: “I want to show that I am much better than my performance on Saturday.”