The Citizens v The "coming back after a difficult period that I don't want to talk about" Saints

He is having a dig at us on BBC. Says Redmond is so good…as are other players for us…but we did not want to play, we were time wasting from the 9th minute. :lou_angry:

1 Like

I really hope Cedric is genuinely injured, about 3 minutes of the extra time were down to him writhing on the ground. Looked to me as if he just fell over after trying to pull back the Man City attacker.

I really fkn hope he isn’t. The game would have continued until they had won. Poor example of the modern football. Upvotes for use of the word Cunt.

On the bright side we did a hell of a lot better than anybody thought we would.

I apollogise for calling VVD a twat if he didn’t score an own goal its be given to De Bruyne now

1 Like

Who would have thought 5-3-2 would work so well? :lou_eyes_to_sky:

5 Likes

It’s the hope that kills

Awake with a monster hangover. Really was stupid downing a bottle of 2013 Monogram Mavrud/Robin before sinking about 6 Hobgoblins at Barasti.

But what a great effort all round from MP and the players. Only thing is have done differently would have been Gabbi not Chazza but he thought we could sneak a 2nd I expect.

Meanwhile hope Cedric is ok for Sunday.

Off to find more Brufen…

And street Barasti was back at it’ best last night. Nothing better than a battling Saints performance and being surrounded by drunk fitehs all drooling after watching Take That.

Next stop trying to do 4 things at once while getting to the Premier League Pub in Krakow on time for Sunday

Hmmmm Vodka & Saints…

Wow.

Just noticed how lucky we were with the goal.

Boufal’s pull back NEARLY found Shane Long unmarked in the box…

1 Like

What surprises me is that people see it as a defensive formation.

It can be but MP has shown he can make variations of 4-3-3 defensively ponderous and cautious.

As we’ve discussed before, Goat, with 3 CBs and our two beasts of CMs, we could play like Keegan’s Newcastle in front of them and still not concede.

But it’s not the Southampton way.

1 Like

So. I assume we didn’t win then?

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

Technically no…but in a perfect world where grit, endeavour and a sound moral compass is rewarded…we got all three points. :lou_lol:

3 Likes

Bastards. Balls and bollocks.

6 minutes??? six fucking minutes???

Given that I had envisaged a proper twatting, it is doubly frustrating to lose in that manner.

Worse still that is that little shit bag Sterling was responsible

I currently have a hated team vacancy now that Everton have imploded - Citeh just became front runners

Pep can feck off as well

2 Likes

Welcome to the club mate!

We meet on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the Hobbit. There is no joining or membership fee but you are expected to buy a round. Barry usually takes the minutes.

Heres a sneak peak at tonight’s itinerary…

1. Discuss how useless Redmond is

2. Any other business

6 Likes

Pep obviously sees something in Redmond (if it’s true that’s what he was saying to him at the end), but even the mighty Pep can be wrong sometimes.

Gutted to lose like that, even though no one was expecting anything from the game, but hopefully it will (a) give the team a bit of belief that we can compete, and (b) give the players and fans a bit of belief that MoPe isn’t ‘out of his depth’. I think he got nearly everything right in that game. Fair play.

1 Like

Pep stuns the footballing world by bidding 45 mil for Redmond in January.

Fights break out amongst our fans trying to drive him to Citeh.

Within 4 weeks he is the next Thierry Henry and Lionel Messi rolled into one.

You know it would happen as soon as he leaves

4 Likes

What happened @dubai_phil ?? Can we blame the loss on you then??

Arguably, that’s what’s happened to Sterling under Pep’s guidance, but I still wouldn’t pick him for Saints or England because he’s a nasty little shitbag.

4 Likes

Nah it was our pet Forest fan Martin. I’e got a fiver on this being a draw he says gotta a feeling he says 1-1 he says.

Last 5 minutes see I told you (to choruses of stfu) I told you… etc fvcks off etc. Then oh bollocks, sorry lads.

But could be my fault I did go…

But looking good Sunday hopefully I’ll be 3000kms away

I may have been a bit harsh in my opinion of Pep this morning.

Aactually, it has occurred to me that we Saints fans should give him a proper award.

In fact, I’m kinda jealous that HE got to deliver the bollocking to Redmond that every Saints Fan has been dying to give for the past year.

‘I was telling Nathan Redmond how good he is at the end,’ Guardiola told the BBC. 'Southampton have some super talented players, Redmond is so good one against one. Last season he destroyed us here.

'But they didn’t want to play, they were time wasting from the ninth minute. I just wanted them to play.

See, basically, Redmond is supposed to be the dogs bollocks but simply plays like a twonk.

Thanks Pep, hopefully Redz will be back on the bench Sunday while proper footballers who want to play tear Bompey a new one.

1 Like

I have watched their goal from every angle on Man City website. It was poor school age/Sunday league marking/ball watching. Sterling passed the ball for the one, two and 3 Saints players all went with the ball and left Sterling unmarked for the ball back. Not only this, it gave him the time needed to size up the shot. Still good finish, but poor defending.

I feel really gutted about this result, not because we deserved anything really, but because the injustice of it all. The amount of injury time was criminal. First time I have felt truly gutted about losing a game, since the Cup final.

2 Likes