The Famous Cracked Rib Name Change Poll !VOTING NOW CLOSED!

Democracy? Pap I thought this place was a cesspit of autocracy, a dystopian knightmare. As for democracy… so far so far only 5 folk have voted for Gay Abandon versus 11 for an alterative of some sort… see, the injustice of it all…

3 Likes

I look at that list and wonder why the hell we didn’t take the piss a bit more. :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Ha, hoisted by his own petard!!

Indeed,Why I look at that list and am charmed by the sensitivityof my fellow sotonista, dear boy (getting into Uncle Monty like Character)

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Democracy? Pap I thought this place was a cesspit of autocracy, a dystoian knightmare. As for democracy… so far so far only 5 folk have voted for Gay Abandon versus 11 for an alterative of some sort… see, the injustice of it all…

Well, if you get Weston and Linford over here, you may be able to abandon the frolicsome front runner :lou_lol:

On a related note, one of my favourite bits from one of my fave books of the 1980s.

Wednesday January 12th

Nigel has formed a Gay Club at school. He is the only member so far, but it will be interesting to see who else joins. I noticed Brain Box Henderson hovering around the poster looking worried.

Thursday January 13th

Mr Scruton has ordered the closure of the Gay Club, saying that he and the school governors couldn’t sanction the use of the school gym for ‘immoral purposes’. Nigel pretended to be innocent. He said, ‘But sir, the Gay Club is for pupils who want to be frisky, frolicsome, lively, playful, sportive, vivacious or game-some during the dinner break. What is immoral about gaiety?’

Mr Scrton said, ‘Nigel, the word “Gay” has changed its meaning over the past years. It now means something quite different’

Nigel said, ‘What does it mean, sir?’

Scruton started sweating and messing about with his pipe, and not answering, so Nigel let him off the hook by saying: ‘Sorry, sir, I can see that I will have to get an up-to-date dictionary!’.

_ The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole. _

2 Likes

Ah Moley, a genius of a charcater…

But anyway, what has this got to do with democracy? Or do I where red socks in protest?

1 Like

I think your only hope is gerrymandering at this point. You have got to get your Cracked Nob over Gay Abandon.

Indeed, although was hoping for a Rib or two in there some where :lou_sad:

It is with deep sadness (and lets be honest not without a fair bit of embarassment) that I must announce that voting is now closed and that … er… Gay Abandon is the winning selection. As pointed out previously, this was a late addition, outside the official nomination window, but as I stupidly included it in the options, I must now stand by the result.

In the coming days, my shame may subside, who knows. I have already begun revisting Uncle Monty’s favourite vegetable quotes to get into character and not disappoint the legions of posters excited by this trans…ition.

I will liaise with the dear boy the Royal papness over the weekend to sort out the transfer technical stuff and then we can have an official goodbye to Cracked Rib before he returns with Gay Abandon. Virtual party thread will be initiated when we get the tansfer details sorted.

In the meantime cheers you fuckers - but well done on the additional cash for the kids. Top generosity my dear dear boys.

Now, i must go locate a firm young carrot

4 Likes

I’m not going to force anybody into changing their username, especially if that stops them from posting here with the (ahem) gay abandon so far demonstrated, even if it is peer pressure.

I’m one of the people that voted for that option,and I’m not arsed if you want to pick something different. How do others feel?

I am a man of my word and it wont stop me posting whilst there is music and laughter, tears of joy and sadness, and plenty of good old fashioned burgulry.

IF there is one point of order,and it is not too much trouble, could maybe Cracked Rib return after say 6 months? ( I have become rather fond of the dear boy)

Those that voted and nominated have parted with cash and derserve to be able to enjoy a wee moment of laughter at my expense… is there anything more wonderful than bringing a little laughter to the world of papsweb?

Can I suggest that you persevere with Gay Abandon until the end of the season when charity donations (for this inaugural Sotonians appeal) will be concluded. New appeal for next season and a new/old name perhaps?

4 Likes

A cunning plan my dear (goat) boy :lou_lol:

1 Like

I think you should continue to post as Cracked Rib but to use Gay Abandon as a secondary character where you can give full reign to your deeper self :wink:

1 Like

I like that very much in the StuRomseySaint and Dave Benson Phillips mould, except they had the same personalities…

As long as Gay Abandon is as generous as Cracked Rib and makes a donation :lou_wink::

Originally posted by @pap

I’m not going to force anybody into changing their username, especially if that stops them from posting here with the (ahem) gay abandon so far demonstrated, even if it is peer pressure.

I’m one of the people that voted for that option,and I’m not arsed if you want to pick something different. How do others feel?

It’s won the vote fair and square.

Make it so.

1 Like

Well I doubt he’s a tight arse… :lou_surprised:

Massive plaudits to Super Mikey, whose brilliant suggestion the new name was. And I cannot help but feel a swelling of near-paternal pride that my very own fiver allowed Gay Abandon to enter the running in the first place.

Bastard :lou_lol: