šŸ˜  The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life (Part 1)

I once told my father-in-law that I would be getting him a Dignitas voucher for his Christmas present.

Unfortunately it fell flat as he didnā€™t know what Dignitas was!!

Hahaā€¦someone tagged me to do the 7 in 7 days and no people in the pictures. :lou_facepalm_2:

I grudgingly did 3 days but the last 2 had people in itā€¦FUCK 'EM!

1 Like

Tell her if she thinks sorting recyclables into correct bins is going to save the planet tell her SHEā€™S TOO FUCKINā€™ LATE.

My mates on Sotonians told me so and that itā€™s your FUCKINā€™ GENERATION THAT BURNT ALL THE FOSSIL FUELS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

That should do it. :lou_lol:

4 Likes

@dubai_phil and @lifeintheslowlane can you please explain to us non-FBers what the actual fuck you are blithering about. I see the words but they make no senseā€¦

A FB ā€œFriendā€ can post something to your FB ā€œTimelineā€ā€¦in this case a lame challenge to post 7 B&W photos youā€™ve taken, over the following 7 days and nominate another FB ā€œFriendā€ to do the same on each of the 7 days.

Which is kinda insulting - as if any of us wiuld actually be old enouogh to own any B&W photos in the first place

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

Bastard! :lou_sad:

I suggested we move again. Weā€™ve been here near on 2 years so surely must be time to move away. I cannot hear it as much tonight but itā€™s still there. We have a ā€˜salt caveā€™ downstairs in one of the shop fronts and I wonder if maybe they have some machine which I am now hearing.

Report to the neighbourhood watch scheme that youā€™ve noticed a suspicious woman going through bins, she might be trying to steal people identities and checking for discarded documents.

6 Likes

Waiting.

I know we Brits are great at waiting, but sometimes, it can honestly get too much. Thereā€™s a lot of waiting on my present assignment.

I was asked if I could cope with ā€œa tight deadlineā€. I can. I prefer it. I usually get ahead of it too, as has happened here. The vast majority of my stuff is done. The stuff thatā€™s left?

Waiting on people.

Iā€™m waiting on the API provider to fix their stuff. Iā€™m waiting on people that only work three days a week. I have not finished after four oā€™ clock on any given Friday except the first. Itā€™s fucking infuriating.

Itā€™s made me realise that the main reason I go to work is to work. Getting paid to wait is fucking shit.

2 Likes

Yep Waiting is massively over rated

The worst is finishing a really nice meal and then trying to get the bill - why do fucking waiters go blind when you are done?Eventually, when the myopic dickheads finally notice, they then take another 10 minutes trying to print the fucking thing out. Chuck in a further 10 minutes of them trying to find the card machine and then waving it around the restaurant trying to get a signal, and I am fit to burst.

You can also add queuing with waiting. Queuing is bullshit and it is annoying me more and more every passing year.

Queuing to get a drink in a pub - bullshit

Queuing in shops - bullshit

Queuing at Airport check in - bullshit

Queuing to buy the latest iphone - are you actually fucking mental???

4 Likes

Queuing? These Macsturbator cunts camp.

Itā€™s like a version of Glastonbury where the headline act is always slurping corporate cock.

3 Likes

When you think about it, all queuing comes down to underfunding. We sit in our cars on underfunded roads and infrastructure. We queue at shops because some penny pinching area manager bollocks thinks he can have one till person on the go. The airport security manager is under budget to keep costs down. I have rarely been in a provincial airport when all security checkpoints have been manned. I have been in plenty of fucking queues.

The most pointless queuing experience Iā€™ve ever had happened this year, at Glastonbury. This took place just after the bombing at the MEN Arena, so everyone was paranoid about people getting in with nail bombs or whatever. Adult Unit #1 and I arrive on site at 04:20am, and hit the back of the queue at 04:50am. After about an hour, weā€™re all moving, and around an hour after that, weā€™re all kettled onto a path, all loaded up with gear.

By this time, security, about two hours away, have realised that volume means thereā€™s no way theyā€™re going to be able to search everyone thoroughly with the limited resources, so they stop doing thorough checks.

In the meantime, thereā€™s around 10,000 people in the queue, loaded with backpacks, unchecked and kettled. If someone had wanted to cause harm to a lot of people in a densely packed space, the organisers couldnā€™t have provided a better scenario.

1 Like

This morning, before going to work, Mrs Btripz decided that I needed some breakfast. Sheā€™d considerately brought me Shredded Wheat.

She put the Shredded Wheat bricks in a bowl and poured on the milk, lovely.

She then proceeded to mash the Shredded Wheat bricks upā€¦WTAF???

Bastard fucking End of Year reviews.

Iā€™ve never really liked them, itā€™s all a bit corporate tick-boxy bullshit and little comes out of them. However, I got promoted earlier this year (no biggie :lou_sunglasses:), and am now a Team Lead with 2 other people in my team (I know, how do I manage it?). This now means this bullshit review process and the workload that comes along with it has increased beyond acceptable levels.

On top of that, being a team lead I know have to chip in and give feedback on other peopleā€™s work in other disciplines. What meaning feedback I am meant to give to a developer or an artist? ā€œThat thing you drew looks like the thing itā€™s meant to, good jobā€.

Itā€™s all bollocks, and no one cares. But itā€™s taken up a significant amount of my time this week. Bullshit.

3 Likes

And that is one of the main reasons why I am happy to stay a bottom feeder until the end of my daysā€¦

2 Likes

One word of advice - keep you number of reports to a minimum. Any more that 4 then it is time to promote someone beneath you to pick up the bullshit. Either that or move part of your breif onto some other sucker

2 Likes

I am in the capital for an interview this Monday. I cannot reveal the client, but I did a tech test for them, which I very much enjoyed. A lot of tech tests are just fucking traps to make you feel like youā€™re sitting an A level in just your underpants. This one involved three different language tests, plus a solo at the end where you had to make something that was suitable for production.

It was a senior role before my application. Being interviewed as a lead now, which I reckon Iā€™ve a decent chance of getting. As I said in a Facebook post recently, itā€™s mostly about having been around a bit and not minding telling people what to do when needed.

Most people are basically sheep, and thereā€™s a simplistic view that all leadership is really about is simply being willing to be the first to act.

1 Like

This your way of telling me we might be colleagues soon?

Do I need to drop by recruitment and ā€˜have a wordā€™?