😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

You spend all night schmoozing the Maitre D’ you tell your other half NOT to rush away to smoke.

Dinner ends she grabs my mate (who is supposed to share the bill) and vanish.

So I get the full bill Chef is ready to see her and she’ ducked off to get some smokes

And is furious at ME because she wasn’ around after telling her a dozen times NOT to disappear…

Arrrgh.

So I’m in the pub fuck it

Spurs have had 71% possession and 23 efforts on goal against West Ham’s 1, and West Ham are 1-0 up.

1 Like

About fucking time.

1 Like
  1. When your connecting flight delay is 10 minutes less than the time needed for travel insurance to kick in…

2. When you finally weigh yourself after Xmas and NYE to discover you put on 100 grammes.

FFS!

I could have eaten and drunk so much more…

That’s hardly a pickled onion…lightweight. :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Precisely

I could have downed way more Pins Cicadas, could have had another Happy Pizza

Could have had fries with my Samurai burger.

I’

I am gutted!

I am sure I read earlier that Klopp said there was no rush to get Van Dijk into the team. Guess who lines up at CH for Liverpool tonight?

The football chanting I can hear from somewhere ouside of the flat. Our double glazing is usually pretty good but not today. I am now forever going to hear it whenever there is a match. My partner thinks my intolerance of this noise may have come from when I moved to Southampton as a small child and lived opposite the Dell. He may have a point.

1 Like

people’s what uses bad grammar and shit. I scored 3 out of’s 12 so im not to bad.

Test your grammar skills

1 Like

Your Result

9/12

Fantastic! You are a complete festive grammar ninja

• after 15 attempts :lou_wink_2:
1 Like

after analising my results I realised that I got 6 wrong because I didn’t read the question properly. To be honest I think it’s the way the questions were worded, what with it being biased towards them with good grammar skillz :lou_angry:

1 Like

9/12… whom wood have thunk

1 Like

Try the apostrophe test that follows @gavstar

Fucker’s them BBC posh gammer nazi’s…

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

:lou_lol:

1. First go. I thank you.
2 Likes

Cunt

3 Likes

No one likes a smart-arse …teachers pet

Bet you were te one that brought miss an apple every day and did your homework on time

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

12/12. However, few if any of those questions are actually about grammar. Some are about punctuation, some are about semantics, others are about style and ambiguity (or lack thereeof). Among other things, the idea that using “who” and not “whom” as the object of a verb is incorrect is, well, incorrect.

As is so often the case, whoever set this “grammar” test has little or no clue about what grammar actually is.

4 Likes

I studied a few languages and I also completed an English language A Level back in the day. I got 7/12 on the one and only attempt. I found grammar rules hard to follow in any language. Pluperfect what? I think I just about got the subjunctive. Somehow I am able to get by in most of South America, Spain and Italy. So probably won’t worry too much about my lack of grammar understanding.

1 Like

Have I mentioned my pet hate is application forms? Doing another one. This is the first one I can face after the last one about 7 months ago.

Anyone got any ideas what they want from “Evidence of political awareness”.

1 Like

How about something along the lines of “I know lots of snowflakes and I fight a constant reargard action to counter political incorrectness on on Sotonians.com - references available on request”

2 Likes