The Not Sanctioned Unofficial Saints v Liverpool Matchday thread

Fonte to miss the game, per Ron. Crappity crap crapness

Nah, Yosh will slot into CB, Soares back on the right, all is well with the worldā€¦

As RK has stated that the next step for Saints is to win a cup will he be trying for this one or the FA Cup ?

He has already planned his excuses for this tie by saying Fonte is still injured.

And as I have got a bet on for Saints to win it will be my fault when we do lose.

I would say this is our biggest game of the season so far. It is a quarter final of a major trophy. We were never going to do anything in Europe, we looked lost in the last game. This is a quarter final, not a qualifying round of the Europa League. This is our best chance of winning a trophy this season and the FA Cup.

COYR!!!

1 Like

A great bet last night from 4/1 to 6/1 on Everton, Man City and Stoke. Ā£20 bet Ā£140 return. Thanks Sky Bet.

Iā€™ve bet on Liverpool to neutralise that betā€¦

So a draw after 90 minutes and you both lose!!!

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

As RK has stated that the next step for Saints is to win a cup will he be trying for this one or the FA Cup ?

He has already planned his excuses for this tie by saying Fonte is still injured.

And as I have got a bet on for Saints to win it will be my fault when we do lose.

Iā€™ve bet on Liverpool to neutralise that betā€¦

So a draw after 90 minutes and you both lose!!! Personally I think this will be the outcome and it will go all the way to spot kicks.

I was looking at the odds on this on Skybet. Right now, either win is the same odds. The match is perceived as being that close. You can get the 90 minute draw at 12/5. It is rather amazing that in five years, weā€™ve gone from L1 to being given the same odds as Liverpool in a quarter final.

On the telly and all.

1 Like

Indeed.

Iā€™m wearing the same shirt that I had on when we beat Sunderland 8-0 tonight. Yes, I know a mass produced Haynes Manual USS Enterprise tee is unlikely to have mystical match influencing powers.

But it might.

1 Like

But we have home advantage. Only the name Liverpool makes then not underdogs. If it was at Anfield they would be odds on. I do not think there is much between us at all.

It is like ā€˜bigā€™ names in the lower leagues, they are always favourites. Sheffield United and the skates being the main ones!

If we donā€™t throw everything at this Iā€™m going to be sodding livid. Unless we string together a decent FA Cup run, this is far and away our best chance of making this season anything other than a plod to upper mid-table.

Iā€™ve got a bloody busy day in the offing too. Workā€™s not exactly been relaxing thus far. Then straight home to get changed. Drinks at The Rockstone. Dash from St. Maryā€™s at the final whistle, at which point Iā€™ll be bundled into my girlfriendā€™s car for us to head to We Are Scientists at Engine Rooms.

Iā€™d conveniently re-forgotten about the gig but mā€™lady reminded meā€¦ If the match goes to extra time/pens Iā€™m going to have one hell of a dilemma.

3 Likes

I hope for you and ALL Saints fans that we batter them in 90 minutesā€¦ even 3-0 up with 10 left would be very good for you!

2 Likes

Hmm, the gig is supposed to be 19:30 to 23:00 youā€™re going to miss a lot even if we do them in normal time.

Wonā€™t be too bad. Support band isnā€™t even on until 8.30pm and not bothered about them. Curfew is 11pm, as you say, so WAS shouldnā€™t come on until about 9.30pm. May miss a song or two (so long as it doesnā€™t go to ET) but I can live with that.

Getting a little nervous now!

Woke up an hour too early for this 02:27 in the morning here now and i know if I go back to sleep it will be all over when I do wakeup again, so will have to get a Rum and coke to keep me awake.

1 Like

Both the BBC and Sporting life headlines for the game have a Picture of Klopp wearing that baseball cap he looks like a Geman Pulis what happened to unbiased reporting for sporting fixtures

Poxy mainstream press.

SOUTHAMPTON TEAM NEWS

**Team to face Liverpool: ** Stekelenburg, Cedric, Van Dijk, Caulker, Bertrand, Wanyama, Davis, Clasie, Mane, Pelle, Tadic.

**Subs: ** Gazzaniga, Yoshida, Long, Romeu, Martina, Ward-Prowse, Juanmi.