The Royals and the Nazis

Pap is clearly going off on one here. I’m out. :wink:

1 Like

According to Bearsy, you can’t punish people for private conversations as it’s an equivalent to punishing them for their thoughts.

If that’s good enough for a football manager, then you have to apply that to the Queen, unless you believe the Queen should be denied her human rights.

Maybe she was just having a joke. Maybe she was just a six year old kid who had no idea what she was doing.

Personally I don’t think you can hold any kid to account for much. They’re kids. That’s why we’ve got concepts like the legal age of responsibility. My alarm is more to do with the parents.

Interesting answer re legal age of responsibility. My Master’s dissertation topic. Didn’t include future queens allegedly doing Nazi salutes. May have failed the course if it had.

1 Like

When was this photo taken? 1933? Ok then, what a load of desperate opportunism by the extreme left.

1 Like

1933? Wasn’t Hitler and the Nazi regieme regarded as revolutionary? He was single handedly saving Germany and rebuilding it after the war?

I read the heading of this and I thought it was a game. I thought to myself must be Reading v… Then I stopped and thought, no, there is not a team with a nickname The Nazis! But then thought again, it could be a foreign team as it is preseason? Then I was thinking who this nickname would suit!

Now I am back on the red wine!

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

When was this photo taken? 1933? Ok then, what a load of desperate opportunism by the extreme left.

First time I’ve ever heard Murdoch and The Sun described as ‘extreme left’.

There’s a little section of the royal archive that’s remained under lock and key since the 30s. It includes correspondence and documents that detail the Windsors’ contacts with and opinions about Hitler and the Nazi regime.

Maybe now is the time to publish…

1 Like

For sure!! Actual evidence would be fine. However, the subject of this thread is not evidence of any kind.

Ihave absolutely no problem with real evidence that discredits these freeloaders.

The British public are suffering financially because of the insane austerity policies of the Tory government not because of anything the Queen did. Also, she was a child and could not have known what was what at the time the photo was taken. Her mother is another matter of course but she is sufficiently dead that I see nothing that we can do now.

3 Likes

As it happens, Redslo, Tower Bridge has just come on the market. Probably worth buying if you’re ever considering visiting the towering Sotonians obelisk erected in Southampton Common this week. I’m the exclusive agent. Interested? :cool:

Originally posted by @Redslo

Her mother is another matter of course but she is sufficiently dead that I see nothing that we can do now.

Not quite sufficiently dead IMO.

After all, we dug up Oliver Cromwell just so that we could execute his remains.

Come the revolution, and given our past record in these matters…

Come to think on it, why did it take so long for her to die!? All those butlers shoving fish bones down her throat every other week…You woulda thought she got the message!

I didn’t describe them as extreme left, the vultures using this as ammunition (republicans) for a cheap shot, the sun and Murdoch are just cunts.

Context is key here, you’re looking at a snapshot of 1933, and judging it with contemporary eyes. Edward VIII no doubt agreed with Hitler as did a lot of the English press pre 1939. Churchill was forced to ship Edward out to the US because of his views pre war. He spent a year in Germany.

It’s pretty clear that the Queen and her sister are just playing along and it’s a private film. The Queen Mother is there though, as an adult influence.

Box 24 which can’t be read until 2037.

Though Johann Hari is a bit over the top :slight_smile:

As has been alluded to, I find it daft to take a pop at a 6 year who hardly would have had a clue what they were doing.

her mother on the other hand, I do take issue with. She did know well enough, and whilst perhaps the full extent of the nazis couldn’t be known, there was enough around by this point to know they were pretty shitty. The way she was lionised until her passing, despite her nazi sympathising is pretty poor.

As for the royal family, it’s frankly pathetic we still have such an obvious example of inherited privilege (much like the Lords) in this day and age. But yeah, meritocracy, amirite? You get out of life what you put in, or some other bullshit like that.

Originally posted by @Furball

First time I’ve ever heard Murdoch and The Sun described as ‘extreme left’.

There’s a little section of the royal archive that’s remained under lock and key since the 30s. It includes correspondence and documents that detail the Windsors’ contacts with and opinions about Hitler and the Nazi regime.

Maybe now is the time to publish…

I didn’t describe them as extreme left, the vultures using this as ammunition (republicans) for a cheap shot, the sun and Murdoch are just cunts.

Who are these people though?

The only ones I’ve seen making an extra big meal of it are the Daily Mail - also not one of my go-to collectives that fall under the banner of ‘extreme left’.

And just on a point of logic, if all vultures were ‘just cunts’ they’d be extinct.

1 Like