The Sea...... Gulls vs the Mighty fine creative free scoring Saints Match Thread

Wuss. Get yourself together man. That’s nigh on barryesque with a touch of alpine and a hint of hypo/batman.

You’re better than this @saintbletch

5 Likes

An upvote there for the fine invective, but there’s an error in your last sentence. He really isn’t.

3 Likes

There ae more where that came from if the forum is interested? Though I suspect that the forum would prefere quality over quantity?

1 Like

I used to buy pies in Hythe to eat on the ferry to Southampton to watch matches kept your hands warm and your stomache full.

3 Likes

I was fully expecting 80 minutes of tedium, a bruised forehad (again) from the ffs Tadic/Redmond facepalms with a brief flurry of hope once Eric lets MP bring on Chazza & Boufal.

Unfortunately my entire day started shit - a 30 minute traffic jam en route to a meeting. The Dubai Mall parking being shut and the Cops pushing us all back out into the 30 minute traffic jam.

The meeting turning out to be some morons’ idea of team building in a Haloween Tent built for children, which involved crawling on your knees and climbing steps - both of which are impossible with my buggered knees.

Finally getting to the office to find my afternoon meeting has been cancelled and I don’t have enough Golden Virginia left to get through the evening at Barasti and you can’t buy it in town (only Duty Free)

On the plus side, we get our 20% Discount Cards today - real pukka Dubai Saints Membership Cards no less (photo tomorrow) so can actually afford the beer I plan to consume in copious amounts later.

So yes, feeling a Chazza 86th minute winner after utter turgidity and the continued absence of Bazza for another week.

I find it quite disturbing that Gary Lineker is slowly morphing into Jimmy Hill. Same pointy chin, little goaty beard, in another few years i reckon the transformation will be complete.

1 Like

And a swift brace in the Nelson or Drummond (that’s going back a bit) beforehand

1 Like

Can’t argue with that :lou_lol:

1 Like

Into the Nelson on the return trip before the bus or walk home.

What’s the team news then?

fuck work.

Off to the Pub early

Win by 3 goals and we’re up to 7th today, piece of piss COYS :lou_sunglasses:

If I beat fate 1-0 we’re up to 7th today, piece of piss :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

2 centre backs on the bench and no Austin.

Tadic keeps his place and Yoshida drops to sub.

Discuss!

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts.

Rotating centre backs doesn’t make a great deal of sense to me. Does he not yet know his preferred pairing?

I hope that 11 have enough to get the job done because the bench doesn’t contain much inspiration.

Hope to see Boufal more central than on the left.

COYS

Keeping the option open of changing to 3 at the back?

Austin injury?

Long’s turn?

Dunno.

Lovely late autumn day here at home, Phil.

Chilly but sunny.

Lovely and a great day to play football.

35c is overrated.

1 Like

Possibly. Quite an easy switch to 5-3-2.

Yoshida and Long/Redmond for 2 midfielders.

1 Like