The Sotonians Experience: Site Feedback

And:

“An EntityReference expected at least one related object, but returned no related objects…”

I think your GeoCaching is fucked BTripz. The software thinks you’re from Portsmouth, so quite rightly called an “InvalidOperatorException” against you. Afterall we can’t have any skate cunts posting here. :lou_angry:

Therefore the system is acting quite properly in defence against such fishy intrusions. You just need to reset that GeoCache and you should be fine mate. :lou_wink_2:

4 Likes

Simpler explanation. I reckon bTripz visit token for that thread was corrupted because it happened while I was uploading changes.

I could see that happening to bletch though.

Most software cannot distinguish between Portsmouth and Gosport people and the bletch navigation system has known faults, which manifest themselves at critical times, such as moving house. It was clearly on the blink when he eventually escaped, placing him in Eastleigh, miles north of civilisation.

He no longer has to peer into the depths of hell, though - so there’s that.

3 Likes

That worked, cheers Pap, not worth the effort though as no-one has really appreciated my lymericks…

Can we not have the Latest page autorefresh every minute or so? So much more user friendly than pressing F5 waiting for someone to appreciate my witty repertoire

lazy fuckwit.

3 Likes

Oddly enough, I have been considering a more responsive layout. Don’t want to bore people with the details, but at the very least, you’d have notifications of new posts, private messages and the like.

We’ve got to do an upgrade to the new version of the site anyway first, but can confirm that I possess such skills.

I can’t seem to post on the Palace thread.

Don’t worry. Brainfart.

I’ve unlocked you now, goatster

You were nearly automatically locked out for tripping the ‘encouraging the discussion of the Loire Valley, its wine and food on a football thread’ heuristic algorithm.

But you were then excluded for tripping the ‘posting NFL videos on a fucking football forum’ heuristic algorithm.

4 Likes

Am I posting pre or post upgrade?

The content / tone of my next post on this thread will be determined by your response Pap

:wink:

1 Like

Can we change the suscribe to thread box default to no when starting a thread.

I always forget to uncheck it and then end up with at least three mails before I can remember where the button is to stop the mails

Cheers

3 Likes

Hey Pap, given the negativity around down voting, how about adding some more voting buttons?

Something along the lines of

• I respect your right to a different view, but you are a fucktard.

or

• Although i generally agree with you I don’t this time

You get the idea…

While I accept we run into specific problems, downvoting generally works. On the admin panel, bletch and I get to see the most downvoted posts. The bottom four posts all centre on the world’s funniest Pelle joke and Furball’s scorched earth bomber of a return to the site. It’s doing its job, dammit.

I generally think the anonymity on downvotes is a good thing. It probably prevents a fair few flame wars, and as I said, the concept generally works.

When it doesn’t work, bletch and I are more than happy to do a stewards enquiry to determine if there’s anything fishy in the voting patterns, but it’ll take a goliath grouper of a thing to kick that off.

As I’ve said before, I think replies should be used for dissent, downvotes for disapproval in approach. It’s a convention that’s mostly followed. Given that the whole kit and kaboodle is about upholding some perceived sense of Sotonians communal fair play, approbation or guiding lively debate, I see the downvotes I get as the cost of doing business and largely keep schtum.

I have observed that moaning about downvotes attracts downvotes :lou_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Could I request, as I have been away sunning myself for a week, that I be credited with my average weekly score. Just to preserve the competitive edge amongst my peers. 200 upvotes will suffice.

Thanking you in advance,

LITSL

3 Likes

Downvoted so you can get your ‘average weekly score’ of downvotes too.

We’re here to serve.

2 Likes

Despite you being a miserable bastard you’ll notice I didn’t down vote you.

1 Like

I did.

1 Like

Pap, why does the first line of text indent a space by default when you respond to a quoted post ?

A little thing I know but it bugs the fuck out of me if I forget to backspace the first word … I’ll even do an edit to fix it so I’m happy.

You know what they say about little things and little minds :lou_lol:

2 Likes

I think, originally, it was overkill, intended to keep people from accidentally posting under inside the quote. That was very frustrating in the early days. Can look at sorting it on my return though.

2 Likes

Have you ever considered a spell checker Pap or is it a work up ?