The Valentines Day Build-Up Thread

After being warned that I would lose body parts if I did not make the effort this year, I made the effort this year.

I drove half a mile down the road to the nearest Argos, bought the missus a watch reduced from £80 down to £25, got her some flowers and a chocolate bear. She has it all now.

At no point have I been remotely romantic. If anyone asks, I say “I’m avoiding unnecessary Valentines hassle”.

It’s my way.

2 Likes

As Intiniki said before, you are quite the catch fella

:lou_lol:

3 Likes

My obligations completed by posting this to her :lou_lol:

Happy Valentines day love you

1 Like

Dangerous game, @philippinesaint

Don’t you often suggest “interesting places to visit” here?

1 Like

But why would she ever read this football forum :lou_wink_2:

One of the many reasons ms pap is not my wife.

The main reason is that I don’t want her to have a special day. Succeeding admirably on that front thus far.

I’d just go with the bottom set.

2 Likes

For her fucking Valentine card, you cheap bast :lou_lol:

1 Like

Fark orf.

That is a cut above dead flowers from a garage. And infinitely more than she normally gets.

1 Like

I popped up to the local Tesco to get a rather appalling card and some chocolate for him.

It is all really bloody ridiculous. Feeling obliged to buy some tat for our loved ones. We are all able to show how much we like the other person any day of the year. The emotional blackmail is awful.

When I finally am in charge I’ll be banning it. :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m not bothered about a card from Mrs G. Rather have a blowjob.

1 Like

But it ain’t gonna happen unless she gets chocs, a card and a clean tarpaulin is thrown over that soiled mattress in your van - well that’s what she told me earlier @goatboy

Where do you keep the clean tarps?

:lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Me and Mrs Sfcsim never take part in valentines. If you go out for a meal it is over priced for the same you normally pay, buy flowers and they are over priced.

What I tend to do is wait until any other time of year, if she is having a tough time at work I send some flowers to her work. Other things are more important to me and her, like if you bring home something she likes without her asking, a favourite chocolate bar, or an item that she might like and you only know this.

Other things like seeing something on TV that you know she will like, so you set it to record. You get my drift! Should be spontaneous and the only reason it was invented was so that blokes get a kick up the arse to do something and make companies money!

Now it is fair enough for all those suckers out there that want to take part, well the 35 cheesecakes in my fridge to deliver tomorrow, I am not one to stand in the way of this! :lou_wink_2:

Oh and I do like the confused male huddle around the valentines cards and section for gifts on the morning of 14th Feb!

Which twat buys his wife 35 cheesecakes? She needs to be told to go on a diet.

4 Likes

Should this not be changed to the Valantines Match up day thread?

Over the years I have smirked at the desperation of “single people” on 13th Feb & 24th December & the I can’t be alone tomorrow vibe.

This year down here obviously so they make buckets of money) lots of pubs/clubs/restaurants are holding “anti valentine’s nights” single table only.

Of course lots of clubs offering free booze for Ladies night was always a better option. Often didn’t need rophinol.

I didn’t get a card this morning.

Phew.

I got a box of home made heart shaped chocolate chip cookies.

Aw

1 Like

My Happiest Valentines Memory … offered to take Mrs EoA out for a Romantic Evening in Leigh, but she declined :slight_smile:

Watched the game in a pub with a mix of Scouse and Mancs. A couple of Scousers took exception to my somewhat over exhubriant celebrations when the first goal went in after less than a minute with Matt’s screamer, and threatened to punch my lights out if I didn’t fuck off out of the pub. Luckily a couple of even bigger Mancs who were loving every second of Liverpool getting dicked, saw what was happening and politely asked the scousers to leave or else it would be they who would be getting their heads kicked in!!

Instant Bromance with me and a couple of Mancs, who then bought the next few rounds in!!

3 Likes

4 Likes

If only…

Every Woman on this planet were to read this post and understand it’s meaning.

A Man can remember every minor detail of a trip to a Pub 23 years ago to watch a football match.

Yet cannot remember a “Nice Romantic Evening” or a “Candlelit Dinner”

When Women finally understand that simple point then maybe the sexes will truly be equal

:lou_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh My Bloody God … that is so true!!!

I genuinely cannot remember any specific details of any other Valentines Day since we’ve been together. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: