:tories: Tories in trouble?

cos it probably involves numbers

1 Like

I don’t know why she didn’t tell him. However, she did mention that some people have sort of become illegal migrants through overstaying…maybe they should be treated differently to those who were smuggled into the country? The wind rush people are now (or were) deemed to be illegals yet they are a different case to someone who hid in the back of a lorry. The point is that those 1m (although how do you actually know the figure if they’ve entered illegally) have different backgrounds and stories and can’t all be treated the same. The govt have already removed the windrush people from that pool of illegals. Maybe there are others who will be dealt with in a similar manner. Maybe it will be that some illegals are allowed to stay if they can show that they have dependents here or make major contributions to the economy or society?

1 Like

As for the new Home Secretary, anyone feeling the obvious tokenism?

Weird that it’s only now, after the Tory party have been accused of being utterly shit on race relations, that they’ve appointed Mr Javid to the post of Home Secretary.

4 Likes

Himmler was unavailable.

6 Likes

He’s heading up the Department of Defence, isn’t he? Or is it Foreign Secretary?

I dunno mush. Cast of fucking thousands, init.

Well just 5 minutes after standing up in Parliament in his new role as Home Secretary he told a bare faced lie in his answer to Diane Abbott, must be some kind of record. Didn’t take him long to get into the swing of things! Of course it’s tokenism, he has been a miserable failure in his previous Cabinet jobs, he got demoted in the last reshuffle. But Mother Theresa can now deflect any accusations that her government is racist,(which it is), by pointing to him.

Really pisses me off the Rudd was allowed to resign before facing parliament today to answer charges that she lied to the Select Committee, (which she did). She is still an MP, should have been dragged before them anyway, she lied, then lied about lying, May is just as bad, her automatic response in PMQs, and in any interview she gives is to tell a bare faced lie. The ‘hostile environment’ policy is her policy, Rudd resigned but it should have been May. She is a coward, hiding away today in an infants school today while all this has been going on. Leaving Rudd to carry the can for her racist policy. Despicable. Nothing will change, we have an investment banker replaced as Home Secretary by another investment banker, appointed by the wife of an investment banker. Javid is a worshipper of Margaret Thatcher, he is on record as opining that she wasn’t radical enough though. He has voted consistently and enthusiastically for every racist anti immigrant policy, yet stands up there today wringing his hands about Windrush saying, “it could have been me”. A fucking hypocrite and a traitor to his ethnicity. Since his appointment he has made great play of how his father, a Pakistani immigrant, came to this country with no money and no job. How would the current Tory Party, of which he is a cheerleader, now greet his father? This is the worst government in living memory.

3 Likes

British Citizen in shock “we are being ruled by a bunch of Bankers” shock

1 Like

I don’t think @nottarf-krap is entirely blind to that notion, @dubai_phil :lou_sunglasses:

Optimares vs populares, thus it has always been, just as the optimares always take extreme measures when the edifice looks like getting toppled by the populares, in Ancient Rome or modern-day Britain.

I was listening to George Galloway’s show from last week. He was talking to Peter Hitchens, recent survivor of an attempted character assassination on This Week. Galloway remarked that he has never felt more like a dissenter in his life, and this is from a man expelled from the Labour Party during the height of the Iraq War. That’s a sentiment I personally have a lot of sympathy with, that anyone with a lick of sense for due process is going to have.

I think there’s a fair few Conservatives that have lost faith with the ideals as constituted in the government. I think a lot of Conservatives are more like Hitchens, and will be disgusted with the intent, incompetence and the sight of their supported party repeatedly demonstrating themselves to be unrepenting liars. Doing things for political purposes, instead of for the good of the country, stealing UKIPs clothes because May had no ideas of her own.

I think the Tories are going to be in trouble at the local elections.

1 Like

Oh i’m not shocked believe me. Sickened yes.

1 Like

Lol, what a bunch of fucking idiots.

5 Likes

Disappointing that you’re being so judgemental BS, that could just be a simple typo.

It’s genius in a way. They’ve unwittingly created the hardest form to fill in that has ever existed.

2 Likes

Ah I’ve mentioned this being an issue

home-office-new-generation-windrushers

3 Likes

Quite impressed by Kamran Razzaq to be fair.

Don’t forget to vote today!

Just did a google search on Labour councillor candidates suspended

There were 5 just on the first page of results

Basically if you have 2700 odd candidates, you are going to get a decent number of dickheads in there whatever the party.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess the MSM will be focussing on the prejudice issues in both parties then, not just Labour’s alleged anti-semitism.

I Like the first one on that list “vile and abysmal tweets”

What is an abysmal tweet?

Bollox, forgot to vote, as did Mrs C_S and Young Adult.

To be fair Cobham is so blue it is scary. The few non-expat neighbours don’t speak to us since I put up a Vote Labour poster in our window a couple of Elections ago… ok I made that up, apart from the poster bit, they don’t talk to me because I’m a miserable Saints supporting old git

:lou_wink:

Interesting set of results so far. Not what this forum will have guessed I suspect.

To be fair, you would have thought with Grenfell, Brexit and Windrush, the Tories would have been handed their ass. they have even managed to hold onto the Grenfell council.

Just how bad does the Tories need to be for Labour to get on top?

Have we reached “peak Corbyn”?

1 Like