UKIPocalypse?

Given the post Brexit landscape, I never had you down as an optimist.

2 Likes

Landscape?

Wasteland!

Please, please, Your papship, can you change the thread title to UKIPocalypse? It works far better, and far better than Brexit ever did.

3 Likes

I thought it was an ego thing with Pap in the middle of it - joined with UKIP.

I have changed it.

I could not cope with the idea of you sitting about, trying to pronounce that, and feeling all wrong about it.

As has been alluded to in the Tories thread, UKIP have failed to hang onto their leader.

There’s speculation as to whether she even officially assumed the role. Old Nigel has been mentioned, but can’t help feeling that they might go back for Steven Woolfe. He’s not Nige, and his mixed heritage should insulate UKIP from many of the usual charges of racism.

I’ve personally no idea what the point of UKIP is anymore. Perhaps that’s their problem too.

They will be the catalyst for the break up of the union. With them about Sturgeon and her lackeys in Scotland will keep angling for a new referendum. The Welsh and Irish nationalists will also continue the same. IMHO of course.

1 Like

I take as I find. I’ve had the displeasure of encountering about half a dozen UKIP activists during the last couple of years and they will bleat on about being labelled, but all of them are nasty, mendacious, racist bastards. It generally comes out after a few beers. the blokes are also highly misoginistic, as if stuck in some 70’s timewarp.

Bunch of wankers, all of them. There may be some decent ukippers, but I’ve yet to meet any. So, on that basis, I hope their party disintegrates.

5 Likes

Fararge may still be leader

If he comes back for a third time, they should name the party after him.

NF has an appropriate sound to it.

7 Likes

Her timing is brilliant - detract from the Tory winding up speech by Mrs May

Would be only fair.

The UKIP lot are on Twitter today saying that the Tories have lifted large chunks of their 2015 manifesto.

she was a tory before wasn’t she? Maybe doing them a favour so she can go back.

Farage just declared himself Interim Leader!

1 Like

Dam i should have put money on that. Just what the country needs, another racist geeing up the idiots to blame any minority for all their problems. Makes you proud to be British :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

Brilliant! :lou_lol:

1 Like

I’m reading a lot of pony on this thread .

UKIP will emerge with Woolfe as leader and challenge Labour in areas the Tories can never win . Like it or not May has lifted policies from them particularly over Grammar schools . I live in a Grammar area and they are extremely popular with poorer parents . I was genuinely concerned that all Nigel’s good work was being thrown away when they elected James , but Woolfe with help from Nigel will make them relevant again .

I am not racist , sexist or some sort of 70’s throwback but a working man that genuinely belives there are right wing solutions for the poorest in our society as well as aneed for a party that speaks for England . UKIP will do for labour in some northern areas of England the way the Sweatys did for them in Scotland

1 Like

Originally posted by @Lord-Duckhunter

I’m reading a lot of pony on this thread .

UKIP will emerge with Woolfe as leader and challenge Labour in areas the Tories can never win . Like it or not May has lifted policies from them particularly over Grammar schools . I live in a Grammar area and they are extremely popular with poorer parents . I was genuinely concerned that all Nigel’s good work was being thrown away when they elected James , but Woolfe with help from Nigel will make them relevant again .

I am not racist , sexist or some sort of 70’s throwback but a working man that genuinely belives there are right wing solutions for the poorest in our society as well as aneed for a party that speaks for England . UKIP will do for labour in some northern areas of England the way the Sweatys did for them in Scotland

Just the bits in bold?

5 Likes

We hear loads about the existential threat that UKIP poses for Labour in northern heartlands. I suspect that thinking was defunct even before the referendum. Cited as a potential winner in the Oldham West by-election, the party ran a disgusting campaign and pulled a lower share of the vote than last time out.

He probably won’t get the credit for it for a bit, but Cameron killed UKIP the moment he promised a referendum. Post-referendum, UKIP simply doesn’t know it’s dead. A few half remembered bits of rhetoric, but it’s a party in zombie form.

Just 18K voted in the leadership election.

How many party members does UKIP have and what are the voting rules to elect a leader?

I think Labour will haemorrhage more to the tories over their weak immigration policy than to UKIP, either way they are screwed in Liverpool, deselect is the new word.
In short UKIP will grow on the back of more labour resentment and so will the tories.