Under 21 - European championships

Full time in both the games below.

Czech Rep 1-1 Germany

Denmark 2-0 Serbia

That means Denmark win the group and Germany come 2nd.

So tomorrow sees the return of England. A win will do it for sure.

England v Italy

Portugal v Sweden

Germany were being hyped up before the tournament as being overwhelming favourites. So that Czech side must be pretty decent.

England are probably best off going out in the group, to save us from the abject misery of losing in the knockout stages :frowning:

1 Like

Im surprised how small the tournament is 2 groups, then semi, then final. Really, you would think there would be more European teams entered into the competition!

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

Originally posted by @The-Kraken

Germany were being hyped up before the tournament as being overwhelming favourites. So that Czech side must be pretty decent.

England are probably best off going out in the group, to save us from the abject misery of losing in the knockout stages :frowning:

Im surprised how small the tournament is 2 groups, then semi, then final. Really, you would think there would be more European teams entered into the competition!

You do understand the concept of a Qualifying competition?

1 Like

Yes, but you would think there would be an under 21 team for all the full European sides. In the full European championships there will be 24 teams in France, split into 6 groups! The qualifying competition had 53 teams in it.

The under 21’s have only 8 teams in the finals and only Just seems very strange that’s all, as they have the chance to have more, but reduce ton8 teams for the finals. I think it would be good, if they had a few more teams at the finals. 16 teams I think, then at least you have a quarters, before the semis!

England U21 v Italy U21 (19:45 BST)

England XI: Butland, Jenkinson, Garbutt, Forster-Caskey, Stones, Gibson, Kane, Redmond, Chalobah, Ings, Lingard.

Subs: Ward-Prowse, Carroll, Bond, Bettinelli, Keane, Hughes, Afobe, Moore, Chambers, Targett, Loftus-Cheek.

1 Like

Better get looking for a stream!

1 Like

Let’s win this and be up against Germany or Denmark. Both teams are very good.

Cracking start.

1 Like

Well…this isn’t going to plan :slight_frown:

1 Like

England 0-2 Italy 25, 27 mins

GOAL
England U21 0-1 Italy U21 - Andrea Belotti

GOAL
England U21 0-2 Italy U21 - Marco Bennasi

Can we bring on Brian’s thread for the last 15?

1 Like

Brum boy’s at the sperm bank this evening, so not available for commentary.

1 Like

Granty is NOT enjoying his evening out from the looks of Twitter that’s f’sure

1 Like

England 1-3 Italy - FT - England are going home.

Sweden score a last minute equaliser to knock Italy out!

Portugal and Sweden into the semis.

If I were JWP I’d be pretty gutted given how much he contributed to getting them there.

But maybe it will make him a stronger person…

1 Like

Surprised that JWP didnt get a game. Thought he was a key player?

1 Like

The man talks some sense

The man has not forgotten the face of his father.

1 Like