šŸ”« US Gun Violence

https://twitter.com/dabeard/status/997563345342431232

4 Likes

Yep if you want your kids to stay safe, get them to join the military. :lou_facepalm_2:

Iā€™ve no doubt posted this before but itā€™s still apt.

1 Like

As in yesterday :lou_facepalm_2:

5 Likes

#nutshell

2 Likes

Hmmm, what should they do in the wake of that Santa Fe massacre? Ban guns? Nope, apparently itā€™s trench coats that are the problem :lou_facepalm_2:

trench coat ban in response to Santa Fe massacre

3 Likes

Theyā€™ll ban schools before they ban guns. ā€˜ā€˜No schools = no school massacresā€™ā€™ will be the slogan.

4 Likes

Annapolis journalists killed in ā€˜targeted attackā€™ on Capital Gazette - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44645986

It wonā€™t be long in the US before hospitals and police stations become the scenes of these mass shootings. That is my cheerful prediction on this beautiful sunny Friday morning.

1 Like

I guess, as a society, the US citizens must kind of have a masochist streak. The must get off on massacres and murders. I canā€™t think why else they would carry on as they are.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not so sure about that.

Conservatives in the US have openly been pining about killing journalists for years. Ann Coulter and others have been pretty transparent about this. Coupled with Trump and his cronies repeatedly drawing targets on their backs, whilst whipping up his supporters into an absolute frenzy of hatred and fear all the time. Iā€™m almost surprised itā€™s taken this long for this to happen.

I donā€™t know the specifics of the shooter in this case, but most of these mass shooters in the US are white dudes, with a leaning towards the right. Giving the social context, and the US Rightā€™s ā€˜Blue Lives Matterā€™ mantra, Iā€™d be surprised to see a shooting at a police station - unless perhaps it was in retaliation to another killing of a young black person. But given how often that happens and there hasnā€™t yet been that sort of reaction, Iā€™d find it surprising.

2 Likes

I am willing to bet you 50p.

I must admit I worry we are going to start seeing this sort of stuff over here.

UKIP are openly courting Far-Right extremists now. Theyā€™ve recently recruited Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson, Carl Benjamin, and the Nazi Dog guy.

Milo, upon joining, said:

Seriously, at what point do we need to start accepting that we have a serious Fascist problem?

3 Likes

KRG is spot on. The ramping up of far right and racist policies, blaming immigrants. Talking about them as animals.

2 weeks time heā€™ll distance himself from NATO (they donā€™t pay there share), 1 day later heā€™ll meet with Putin and lobby for Russia to have their sanctions lifted and how they have a great relationship.

If this doesnā€™t happen, feel free to mock me and throw rotten eggs

1 Like
3 Likes

Thatā€™s excellent.

The scenes at the end where the politicians are reading his ridiculous words reminded me of Chris Morrisā€™ Brass Eye. Specifically the Cake episode.

1 Like

This all seems a bit fucking mental

Mental yes, does it surprise me? Not really. Do I like asking myself questions? Absolutely.

2 Likes

What I donā€™t get is why people are suing MGM (OK I can sort of get that one) hut the festival organisers?