Vvd

??

2 Likes

I have to be honest and admit that Toby was / is as good - so many games you did not see him do anything “last ditch” because he read the danger so early it never happened. But yes VVD is otherwise the best we have had in decades.

Bertand I think we may be able to hang onto, because he has already been at a “big club” / played Champions League (the final!) etc etc, and it did not work out for him. Playing regularly for us has got him into the England team, he seems incredibly happy to be here and he might just stay.

11 Likes

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

Originally posted by @SO5-4BW

Best since Mark Wright

Did we sell him to Liverpool?

Amazingly we sold him and Shilton to Derby - when they had the money from the pension funds of Robert Maxwell’s companies…

1 Like

Well if VVD is going to offski to a Barca / bayern / Real type club, can we sell direct this time and not do it via another shit house UK club who ends up trousering the lions share.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @saintbletch

That poster of ours called Fatso - he’s far too good for us. He’ll be off to Red and White Kop soon. If he had a memory he could post for Barca.

Right now I just want to concentrate on posting for Sotonians and becoming the best poster I can. I am happy here. What happens in the future is not up to me, but of course, I want to post at the highest level - I think we all do, it’s why got into foruming in the first place.

12 Likes

I got into Forum because I found it under my old mans bed

4 Likes

If you start kissing your avatar, you can fuck right off.

6 Likes

It’s not his avatar you want to worry about him kissing.

2 Likes

you missed Jagielka :lou_surprised:

Lads you are looking at the best centre back in all probability to play for us, this fellow is simply above, Celtic fans said this when we got him, he will be in Madrid or Barcelona in a couple of years.
He is superb.

3 Likes

gavstar posted this 09 August 2016 - Last edited 09 August 2016

Stones completes move to City from Everton, can someone explain to me why he’s worth that much? In this market Van Dijk must be worth about 400m now.

Looking back I may have undervalued him.

3 Likes

Only posting this because the Telegraph are usually well informed by the club, but have no idea if this ‘Chris Bascombe’ is one of the journos with links to the board… sounds ominous if it’s not just rumour mongering:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/southampton-eye-mamadou-sakho-as-chelsea-bound-virgil-van-dijks-replacement/ar-BByUgRe?li=BBoPWjP&ocid=mailsignout

VVD - BE LIKE ORIOL!

1 Like

I hope Les Reed has more luck holding onto women than he does centre backs.

According to some on The Dark Side, the journo is Liverpool-based and as such it’s more likely to be a Sakho marketing exercise than a Southampton-preparing-the-ground-for-another-sale exercise. Though I guess it would be no surprise if VVD did leave in the summer, and we could do worse than Sakho…

That looks just great, @btripz - but surely it’s going to affect his mobility on the pitch?

8 Likes

What the fuck is an anti-gravity treadmill?

I mean, I can see the picture, but all I can see is a bloke running on a treadmill inside a plastic bag.

Saves making a mess if you’re incontinent I suppose

1 Like

it’s excellent for rehabbing someone who isn’t allowed to fully weight bear yet, or just as a method to train and have less stress going through an affected joint, no sign of them in the NHS yet though :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

http://www.alterg.com/en-gb/products/anti-gravity-treadmills/m320/patients

The Beeb say Virgil’s ded till the start of the season. I guess it makes sense. We don’t have an awful lot to play for so there’s no sense risking him I guess.

Weird how slow the healing process has been though.

Fucking Vardy is such a little rat. Would be delightful to see Virgil get fit and kick his head in. Oh well. We can’t always get what we want in life.

4 Likes