We Play Man City

Getting caught offside too many times. Need to try another way of beating their back line. Deep runners? Sub Pelle?

I reckon Man City paid us a lot of respect - well and truly knew how to handle usā€¦particularly with the off side trap.

Weā€™ll be bigger and better next season.

Saints fans the loudest though!

1 Like

Shame about the result - I think most people would agree that our performances over the course of the season have probably deserved a slightly higher final placement than seventh.

However, Iā€™m not going to let it detract from whatā€™s been a brilliant season - would have snatched anyoneā€™s arm off it theyā€™d offered seventh at the start of the season.

1 Like

Aw Iā€™m bummed out by that, i thought we might get something!

Three Problems For The Summer:

1. Is Pelle lack of goals away from home statistical anomaly, or do we need better Movement for Counter Attacks?

b) Morgan + Clyne + Toby will be v.difficult to Replace if they Go

1. I like Djuricic, see how he Runs (with the ball) Is he a good Bro to sign?

a) Goalkeeper pls

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Bearsy

Aw Iā€™m bummed out by that, i thought we might get something!

Three Problems For The Summer:

1. Is Pelle lack of goals away from home statistical anomaly, or do we need better Movement for Counter Attacks?

b) Morgan + Clyne + Toby will be v.difficult to Replace if they Go

1. I like Djuricic, see how he Runs (with the ball) Is he a good Bro to sign?

a) Goalkeeper pls

The goalkeeper situation is going to be a difficult one to address because as weā€™ve seen, when you get two quality keepers and one of them is Artur Boruc, one of them will say ā€œfuck the lot of yis. Iā€™m going off to make Bournemouth a Premier League teamā€. Probably. I know we got a couple of wins but I think we can all admit that there is a real drop off between our first choice keeper and the available alternatives.

1 Like

What little Iā€™ve seen of Djuricic Iā€™d be tempted to sign him - Iā€™ve got a feeling he could do well for us once heā€™s settled in.

Sadly, I donā€™t feel the same about Elia, which is a shame because I loved the way he ran over to Koeman after he scored those goals against Newcastle - he seemed so grateful for RK giving him the opportunity.

Agree with Pap that the goalkeeping situation is a tricky one - I guess weā€™ll be trying to sign a good experienced keeper coming to the end of his career who perhaps wouldnā€™t make the no 1 spot at a decent Prem side but would be willing to start the season at Saints whilst excepting that heā€™ll have a hard fight to keep a fit-again Forster out of the side.

My advice? Stick Ā£50 on Villa to win the Cup@5-1. The very definition of win-win.

Liverpool on Match of the Day ā€¦ Hahahahaha :slight_smile: