West Brom vs Saints

Soares off. Yoshida on.

Mané looks off the boil today - perhaps why he started on the bench.

Too many mistakes and too few players hitting 100%.

That said, we’re massively the better side. ~65% possession.

Finishes 0-0.

One of the poorest games I’ve seen us involved with for a long time.

Very low on effort, tempo and creativity.

Tadic probably our best player.

Nailed on last game on Match of the Day!

Always looked comfortable but made only a couple of chances. Pelle poor today and we looked toothless.

Was looking forward to surging runs from Virgil. Didn’t see too many of them but his passing was superb. Looks to be an awesome buy.

Ho Hum. Point away from home :laughing:

1 Like

We were fucking awsome!! Shouldhave won the game 10-0.

Never saw the game due to talking to my daughter on the phone.

So, was it it 12-0?

The highlights won’t take you long.

1 Like

The better team, should have edged 0-1, but the main plus from this, is we have stopped shipping goals and look solid, with not many chances falling to the home team. This starts from the work up top, through to the back 4.

That is 3 clean sheets in a row, after shipping 5 in the first 2 games. Not bad really.

2 Likes

Also in these 3 games, 2 of them away, we have had 2 shots on target against! That is pretty fucking good. I think we are heading in the right direction again.

I missed the game, but reviews on here sound relatively positive considering it was a dull 0-0. Great! I’m gonna hop on over to Saintsweb for some more in depth positive analysis…can’t wait to see what they’ve got to say!!

PS. Did Rickie play? If so, how did he get on?

Yes he played, subbed after 55 minutes as he was ineffective.

Positive interview from Koeman. Seems less grumpy than he has been of late!

He’s probably nailed his pain relief dosage.

1 Like

Let’s test that theory after the Man U result…

If we play Mane on the right (to force Shaw to defend deep), Tadic on the left and Romeu and Vic anchoring the midfield, I think we could get a result.

Would be even better if Bertrand’s fit.

Originally posted by @Lets-B-Drinking

Thai lunch. Real ale and then, hopefully, a better performance than last season.

Bloody traffic on the M3 and A34 meant we had only 45 mins to have a great meal and 2 excellent pints.

I don’t wish to discuss the game, only to say it was like Watford (sans entertainment).

1 Like

2-0 saints he will be very happy indeed!