Whats the betting Liverpool bidding for Forster?

That’s fine, but I abhor racists and xenophobes, and I don’t think I should let it lie.

However, I will. As long as he stops posting utter drivel, and learns to use punctuation and grammar correctly.

Right, lets move on and discuss the thread.

thank you chaps. I may have got a bit over excited whilst posting earlier.

anyway…forster to Liverpool? I don’t see it fir two reasons:

1. We wouldn’t invest such a lot of money in a goalie to sell him

2. We wouldn’t really make any money in him. I doubt he’ll ever be worth more than £10m

3. I can’t see him kicking up a fuss to leave. We stick by him during his injury and I think he will do the same.

But its always the same, the same rhetoric and then they go, I have no faith in any player nowadays at the level we are in World football actually staying, the only two clubs in the World that are not stepping stones are Real Madrid and Barcelona, they’ll go outof fashion but for now thats it.

If Liverpool did come knocking (they also have no faith in Bogdan) I couldn’t see how he would turn it down, Mignolet will drop to 2nd as he is about to sign a 5 year extension by all accounts which does surprise but there we go.

they wouldn’t offer more than £10m for him so what would our incentive be to sell him, particularly if he’s content

Would be a strange move. I assume Forster is on a reasonably long contract, so they’d have to stump up a reasonably large fee for him. Can’t see us letting him go without making at least a few £m on him.

I also doubt Mignolet would sign a long term deal to become back-up. Stranger things have happened I guess, but would be weird.

Nah they will bring in Roman Weidenfeller for a few mil he’s been demoted to the bench at Dortmund and only played europa league so far.

Steady pair of hands, give him a nice 3yr contract (35yrs old) and say you’ll play but slowly be backup when they get a gun goalkeeper in.

I just don’t think they will due to the fact that he’s not long back…

Or at the very least, take it to the beef thread.

The problem with cock-waving contests is that after a while, everyone forgets about the waving and the contest and just sees the cocks.

FWIW, I can see why Cherts is getting frustrated with Barry. The plethora of new and mostly unneeded threads jams up the works, the rumbling backstory of barely contained migrants, poor comprehension and explanation of political concepts and putting labels on things when he doesn’t really know what the label or the thing actually is.

That said, Cherts has done a fair bit of labelling himself recently. If you want to tear strips out of each other, take it to the Beef Thread. Cherts and Barry would be doing the site a favour if they could constrain themselves to ripping each others arguments to bits, instead of themselves. We’re not really learning anything when people are just calling each other stuff. I think everyone likes seeing the odd spat now and then. Seeing it all the time is a bit wearying, and not really the Sotonians way.

2 Likes

I completely agree, you’re a whopper though :lou_wink_2:

I think they are more likely to go for Butland, Begovic, Schmeichel, Lloris plus a whole heap from outside the UK.

FF won’t be going anywhere imho.

If lloris is going anywhere it’ll be a Man Utd, Real or maybe PSG for mega $$$. Also, why would he go there from Spurs? I know it’s not popular to say, but they are a really good team with a really good manager (albeit an utter snake).

Butland/Begovic don’t seem bad shouts though.

Fair enough with regard to Lloris. Was just thinking of better bets off the top of my head.

Agreed…Lloris is destined for bigger places than Liverpool and will go for a lot of money. Butland is the sensible option. Makes me more gutted that we didn’t buy him when we were being linked with him a couple of years back…although at the time I was thinking it was a lot of money for some unknown.

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

i thought you two knobbers had decided to stop bickering and ignore each other

Not sure I did to be fair.

Ok

how about you two knobbers stop bickering and ignore each other?

does that work!

2 Likes

Tbf I think it’s over, as I realised when I finally submitted my much delayed “calm down” post.

Left Wing knobber.

:lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

Tbf I think it’s over, as I realised when I finally submitted my much delayed “calm down” post.

It definitely seems so! I very much enjoyed Fatso playing the role of moderator. Partly because I’ve never seen him post anything longer than one sentence (and that doesn’t use the phrase: you’re a bunch of cunts), partly because he showed he cared, and partly because, since the long-winded Germany thread, I do think Barry has changed. He now posts interesting observations in coherent sentences!

Lou I’m full of shit, I’ll be back to normal soon enough don’t you worry.

1 Like

Yeah, but even if you do, Barry, I want you to know, I like the current you better than the previous you. And I think the current you has an interesting and different opinion to contribute to the mix. Take that how you will. :lou_lol:

1 Like