Where do we need to strengthen?

The power has gone to your head. Also if you don’t upvote a post doe’s it mean it’s rubbish? Despot in the making :rofl:

3 Likes

My concern about Chaz is more about his fitness than his ability. He’s injury prone and a bit overweight but agree there’s a role for him but can’t see him being the 15 to 20 goal striker we need. If Sam Gallagher doesn’t produce straight away we could be a bit goal shy again.

… unless we can get our midfield chipping in with some goals of course :lou_lol:

Not sure a big money signing will have such an impact on the fans. Probably one of Les’s weak spots. None of those whom became our best players have been our most expensive.

2 Likes

Absolutely :- Gashton, Sparrow Jack, Boufal to name but a few.

I had an argument a while ago with someone on the Dark Side and I was asking how many “big money” signings actually turned out to be worth the money, for any club?

I estimated about 1 in 10 of course I was shot down without any evidence to the contrary.

Give me under the radar signings any day!!

1 Like

A lot of players have to step up this season…

Personally I think we have too many strikers and midfielders who can play a good squad role, but don’t look capable of holding down a first team place and making it their own.

I’d like another quality striker as goals were so obviously an issue last season.

It would be foolish to think that Gallagher and Long supplied by a misfiring Tadic and Boufal will solve the problem.

4 Likes

Agree with all of this.

So we’re all pretty much in agreement. :grinning: I’m off to the other place for some unnecessary discord and one upmanship.

8 Likes

We need a goalkeeper - unless there’s an excuse for FF’s form for most of last season (carrying an injury, poor coaching, nembutal addiction …) And was McCarthy injured?

Apart from that I’m not sure about either Yoshida or Stephens being VVD’s partner (assuming he stays) or either of Hojberg or Clasie being first choice alongside Romeu (assuming the new manager goes back to 4-2-3-1)

The noise around Tadic leaving seems to have quietened down.

If we’re playing one up front then Gabbiadini/Austin/Long/Gallagher should be ok

1 Like

Personally i’d like to see some changes of playing positions. Yoshida is a decent CB, but i feel he is a more natural midfielder and he does like ghosting up front to nab the odd goal. His defensive inclinations would be useful in a two man defnsive midfield role with a license to get forward - maybe in away games. For me JWP would be a decent shout at RB. I think he’s too ineffective as a midfielder as he tries to cover too much ground and plays space as opposed to players, so appears to flit in and out of games. Restrict his area of operation to the right flank and he’d be a good attacking RB, IMHO.

I’d also like to see Gabba playing on a wide right role but with a roaming striker licence for play in from the left as he’s so good at drawing defenders and finding himself on the end of a cross. So i’d go for another striker in the transfer market - that Ian Nacho fella from Citeh looks a good lad.

1 Like

Personally I think we are at a cross roads.

This is well illuatrated by the result of the recent survey.

Either we try to flush out the small number of hoodless wonders on the board, wage a campaign of hate against them and drive them from the board, just we did for Verbal and Chertsey.

Or

We all go hoodless.

Number 1 priority of the Soviet IMHO.

2 Likes

Yup. Solely on account of nobody wanting him I imagine.

1 Like

Technically even Kevin Keegan was a failure for us we never got to number 2 position until he left.

3 Likes

@btripz wheres my upvote :lou_lol:

I am here… watching everything… reporting on your actions to the powers that be… watching… waiting… @firstagainstthewallsaint

1 Like

To the OP’s question:

long standing season ticket holder loyalty discounts :lou_lol:

1 Like

Good work, Toke.

Great snitching!

2 Likes

In the business, we prefer to call it ‘informing’.

2 Likes

I’m happy with Fraser in goal, which makes me a bit of a rarity and possibly someone who knows fuck all.

2 Likes

And overseas supporters ticket at request by being in the country.

1 Like

I can tick off ‘under the radar’ on my buzzword bingo, thanks BTripz

4 Likes