šŸ» Where has Bearsy's Icon gone

Havenā€™t BK got another pool car you can borrow when your frying skills are needed in another ā€œrestaurantā€??

1 Like

What, like those vans that hang around the stadium on match days?

Bear, we have discovered how you can be an active member of the soviet. As soon as the counting is finished and the results are announced (any month now), you can be in charge or at least assistant to the person in charge of the new motoring forum. You and Sarb (likely to be the person in charge who you will be assistant to) can talk about parking issues, what the hand break is for, why hill starts are so difficult in 5th gear etc. We can have a special new near avi made up for you. Like a bear in a car or something like that.

5 Likes

I have spoke to my car bros, and explained I need a car that engages the handbrake itself if I Forget, lets me lock it from distance of upto 2 miles, drives up steep hill in 5th gear, or reverse, or no gear at all if I forget to even choose a gear, and if it detects a problem with the Tyres, it keeps that info to its fkn self.

They have recommend Huyundai i40, whatever the fuck that is, I am pick it up later. I will let u know!

You should just get Mick to drive you around, although being chaffeured in a White van might tarnish your image somewhat.

There again it would probably improve it!!

2 Likes

Looks pretty much the same bear. You sure GM didnā€™t sell the rights to the insignia to Koreans who then rebadged it and sold it back to us? To be fair, the reviews look alright. This is definitely car for a salesman though. Are you now selling hole fixers now? Is Turkish your boss?

2 Likes

My first car was a Vauxhall Victor. I remember that because the name badge was very prominent when I was sitting on the hard shoulder of the M27 on the way home from my summer holiday job and it broke down every week.

I once had a Vauxhall Astra SR240, now that was an amazeballs car, it was so fast it arrived places 5 minutes before me.

But most importantly this thread shows the entire fallacy of the Jezza Election Campaign. There he is talking about taxing the rich, but surely if a BK Flipper can drive a Vauxhall let alone an Insignia, then surely something must be wrong with his maths

3 Likes

Vauxhall Karma?

I had two Vauxhallā€™s as company cars. The first was a Cavalier and was boring. The second was a souped up Astra that was much more fun but sadly I got made redundant about a month after talking delivery so some other c**t got to drive it instead.

1 Like

@chertsey-saint drives a Saab

4 Likes

Vauxhall Karma is one down from the Corsa I think. I have never had a Vauxhall at all apart from hire cars and courtesy cars etc and they donā€™t count as they are new and I was trying to kill them. I am no car petrol knob or whatever thou, apart from a few short stints, I have only ever had ford. Just cause it has always been easy and reliable. That means I donā€™t get fury when dogs put hair in the boot or wife eats flaky pastry thing then shares bits she hasnā€™t already dropped with kid who helps drop the rest in a different area. One day I might get a car just for me and actually take an interest in it and start enjoying driving etc.

1 Like

Once upon a time the Top Gear crew believed that the J Car was the best thing since sliced bread. It would change the life of the sales rep forever.

Back in those days every rep drove a Cortina, and had to face being the laughing stock of their street when Ford introduced the Mark I Sierra.

But then came the J Car.

Oh how we longed for one.

And I changed jobs and was heartbroken to be givenā€¦

A Montego.

For non petrol heads, the J Car wasā€¦

A Cavalier

Whatā€™s J car Phil?

Back on Topic @saintbletch Icon has done a runner with the fashion sense like Bearsyā€™s

What is happening has there been another Bear Hall Putsch?

FFS Tokes.

Youā€™re supposed to click on these links I keep posting.

Who the hell do you think is emptying all those Bitcoin accounts? Glasto is coming, a man has to pay for his flights and stuff.

2 Likes

I honest didnā€™t know we had an on topic for this thread. I thought it was just ā€˜did bear die in the cyber attackā€™?

I havenā€™t see @saintbletch on-line for a long time or seen him post.

It would be stretching the realms of reality if it was possible to find some obscure link between Cyber Crime and Vauxhall.

With a timeline that could indicate someone being away around now

https://www.meetup.com/Tampa-Hackerspace/events/236850195/

Not seen him post anything but heā€™s been lurking ā€¦ he was yesterday anyway

He prefers to watch.

3 Likes

I had a Rover 213 which turned out to be an interesting compare and constrast lesson between the British (as was) and japanese car industries. The engine was made by Honda and the rest by whatever the latest incarnation of british leyland was.

Several years after purchase (to be fair it was quite old to begin with) the engine was running perfecting - never missed a beat. The body work however looked like that german dudeā€™s face in Raiders of the lost Ark when they finally opened it.

I am convinced that if I still had that car today, it would have completely disintergrated leaving a perfectly happy engine block purring away to itself, sat in a pile of rust fragments

5 Likes