Wildlife is AAAWWWWsome!

Random fact. A human can not sustain life on a 100% diet of rabbits. It all has to do with something science. Links to this fact can be found somewhere on the internet…Or not. I can’t be arsed, personally.

Another random rabbit fact:

There used to be lots of them on the Isle of Wight in the olden days; one of the reasons for this was because there were no foxes on the Island prior to 1845, when they were introduced by local huntsmen.

Being 1845, I expect the introduction was quite lengthy and formal.

Good evening Mr. Rabbit. I trust you are doing well, and I offer my best regards on this fine evening. I do not believe you have had the pleasure of a formal introduction to my good friend Mr. Fox. I wish to remedy that situation, and, with your permission, call him over so that he may make your acquantance.

Yeah, the bastards pulled that shit in Tasmania too.

1 Like

In Florida at the moment, often see Pelicans swooping down to catch fish just yards away whilst swimming. Although not ‘wild’ life as such we went to Discovery Cove, snorkelling with huge manta rays swimming under you was pretty impressive.

Yep!! That’s impressive!!

Wildlife is awesome.

Sometimes too damn awesome:

Fox - shit on my doorstep - bastard

deer - eat all the Ayatollah’s flowers - bastard

moles - turns my lawn into the Somme - bastard

owl - sits in the tree outside my bedroom and screeches all night - bastard

dont even get me started on insects or the neighbourhood’s pets

3 Likes

City boy!

The thing I hate about foxes is that when the fight/wail they sound so much like a child/woman screaming. On more than one occasion I’ve heard a fox wail and get an adrenalin rush thinking someone’s in trouble. And after a few listens realise it’s just a fox.

1 Like

People mistaking fox calls for screaming people is something that happens not just in the UK, Lou.

Well it’s nice to see someone trying to provide balance to this debate. Upvote! :laughing:

I posted this in the What is wrong with America thread over on TSW. Perhaps it’ll be better employed here, convincing people that cute animals should be exploded rather than venerated.

You could be right, Papster - there can be great dangers from exploding animals…

1 Like

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Llwybr-Cyhoeddus

I’m not going to start the jokes on this one. I’m becoming even more predictable than ever lately.

Maybe this should be a caption competition?