👩 ⚽ Women's Football

18 now.

85% possession, 58 shots, 28 on target.

Yaaay 19 - 0 86 minutes

Good quiz question that, ‘‘Against which team did England win 28-0, in which England scored just 2 goals?’’

BTW 20 - 0. 88 minutes.

You mean Bethany England…she scored two tonight as well.

Yes it would be a trick question, don’t make me explain it :lou_sad:

1 Like

Oh the shame of it…Latvia’s goalie replaced at half time having conceded 8 goals. Her second half replacement conceded 12. :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s got to be the strongest argument for pre qualification for some countries

What did Latvia gain from that other than sciatica

3 Likes

I didn’t realise the Southampton women had done so well in the women’s FA cup

“ Lesley Lloyd captained Southampton to glory in the first Women’s FA Cup final in 1971, beating Scottish side Stewarton & Thistle 4-1 at Crystal Palace National Sports Centre. The Saints went on to win eight of the next 11 cups.”

2 Likes
2 Likes

It’s not even a World Cup year… and we have the euros :wine_glass:

1 Like

Hasn’t anyone had the decency to point out that this is for Rugby Union?

Clickbait headline.

Absolutely cracking FA Cup Final today. But it’s a shame that I will be pretty much talking to myself about it, so did not bother.

I think the main aim is getting peeps interesting in Saints and England and then work on the top flight, maybe when we have a connection and are in it!

3 Likes

Empowering for Success: Premier League backs new Women’s National League strategy

The Premier League will contribute £3m over the next three years to help strengthen the third and fourth tiers of English women’s football.

It is part of a Football Association plan to improve the Women’s National League.

The Premier League will put in £1m per season under the FA’s Empowering For Success strategy.

Baroness Sue Campbell, the FA’s director of women’s football, said the new strategy was “game changing”.

“It will ensure The FA Women’s National League (WNL) can maintain pace with the wider growth of the women’s game, and the clubs and their players can thrive both on and off the pitch.”

The WNL is made up of 72 members clubs across six divisions at tiers three and four - the levels immediately below the Women’s Championship.

Under the new scheme, the FA’s intention is to help improve both individual clubs and the National League as a whole. Clubs will be given help to improve player development, coaching, facilities and their commercial and marketing strategies, while the FA will also work on referee development.

In addition to its contribution of ÂŁ1m per season, the Premier League is offering grants of up to ÂŁ20,000 for third and fourth-tier clubs for ground improvements.

Richard Masters, the Premier League’s chief executive, said the financial support shows “commitment to provide opportunities for female players of all ages”.

“Our clubs are committed to developing women’s and girls’ football and it’s important that the Premier League plays a role in this centrally,” Masters added.

1 Like

Mental health in the woman’s game.

I still cannot believe there are still 3 teams in the Women’s Championship with ‘Ladies’ in their names. Sunderland, Blackburn and Coventry. I thought this was all changed across the board, but it must have only been top flight?

1 Like

Don’t think any Saints players will be in. Maybe Kayla Rendell.

2 Likes