👩 ⚽ Women's Football

There was a right bunch of pussies parading in Man U shirts last night!

I’m pretty sure most Ladies Teams would have had bigger balls and more spunk than they showed last night.

2 Likes

I was watch Countdown the other day, and Suzie in Dictionary Corner said that in saxon times females was originally called “Worse-Man”, and over time that contracted to wo-man, or woman, such as we use today

2 Likes

A shame there wasn’t an answer to my question as I’m genuinely interested.

if the term “lady” shouldn’t be used, why are Arsenal Ladies called Arsenal Ladies?

http://www.arsenal.com/ladies

its Laddies they cant spell oop north.

Agreed, but the main issues here is that we are talking about female/ladies/women’s football. I do agree that lady is used in terms like ‘little lady’ more patronising terms. Defiantly a very old term.

Originally posted by @Fatso

A shame they’re wasn’t an answer to my question as I’m genuinely interested.

if the term “lady” shouldn’t be used, why are Arsenal Ladies called Arsenal Ladies?

http://www.arsenal.com/ladies

Because it would have been Arsenal as a club ‘board level’ so mostly if not all men, that named the little ladies team, to give them something to do and to make the club look like they are keeping up with the times.

1 Like

Do not forget to tune in to the Arsenal v Chelsea final tomorrow 14:00. Should be a great game.

Apologies. Meant to come back to this. It’s not offensive but it’s a bit outdated. Whether men decided that title or women I don’t know for the Arsenal Women’s team.

Their are however connotations with words used for females. Lady is a title really.Can be belittling. I know I am not a lady (unfortunately the Sir title in my family was not hereditary - shit happens). :lou_facepalm_2:

Anyway I need to add to the who is pissed on Friday night so won’t make a particularly good argument on this thread.

Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea

great finish by Carter after 18 minutes.

I really think it is about time that our forward thinking club, supported a full time women’s club. Every time I watch women’s football I think this. It is about time the club took action.

I started a petition about 18 months ago, but over there I found it very hard to get any support.

Come on Saints get it together!

2 Likes

Full time - Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea

Arsenal were by far the better team against the favourites Chelsea. Arsenal should have won 4/5-0.

ARSENAL FA CUP WINNER 2016!

Fantastic result from the England woman’s team today. Some great football.

Now that is attacking football Roy!!!

Just the 7!!

Me and the family are looking to get out to the Netherlands as we try to do every year, but next year from mid July to the end of the first week in August there are the woman’s euro’s.

Take a look at the schedule below and if you are out there for work or pleasure try and get along.

http://www.uefa.com/womenseuro/season=2017/finals/index.html

1 Like

are you going out there to letch after the players, fantasizing of then as lollipop ladies? You sicken me.

1 Like

Brilliant news that the women’s game is returning to a winter league, after 5 years of summer league.

The next move and one that has been coming up a lot is to get the women’s teams kicking off before the men’s games for reduced prices. Ok this may not be able to happen every home game because of the wear and tear of the pitch, but a step in the right direction.

Also about time Saints women team was funded and supported by our fantastic forward thinking club. We are the elite with our training facilities and methods, but no support of the women’s team. This is really bugging me.

1 Like

Great watch!

Are the going to get the bra shirts as well

Love it. I bet the boys really enjoyed that at school! get in!!

I’d show her my sliding tackle.

4 Likes