Your Favourite Pop Song

1 Like

Yeah, Lets B Drinking. You’ll find the suaver gentlemen going the Ctrl-V route. I expect sir is right clicking and seeing the context sensitive menu pop up.

With your cursor in the window, press Ctrl-V and you’re done. Pasting like this works everywhere, not just Sotonians,

2 Likes

Huzzah! Cheers, Lets B.

I’m not sure that this record really fits the bill as a pop record but it’s definitely one of my favourite records from the punk era. A few years back I had an idea to produce a video complication of Rickie Lambert murdering the opposition with this record as the backdrop – a clip of Rickie’s goals hitting the back of the net … net … net to homicide … homicide … homicide. But I didn’t have the technical know-how to do it.

1 Like

And many, many more…

Alltime favourite hit and alltime favourite non-hit

Love Will Tear Us Apart for me. It always sounds like they do it too fast for the song but it works.

Agree with the good hook and jangly guitar of There She Goes (wasnt that written about coke?) but my no 2 would be Mr Tambourine Man by The Byrds. In fact I should put that in the covers section!

1 Like

Some cracking work in here chaps.

Not sure if this is technically a pop song, but fuck it. I genuinely think this is one of the best songs ever. For me, a pop song should make you want to move, and this track never fails to do that. Whatever time of day, whatever state of mind I am in, this makes me feel like it’s 2.30am and my face is falling to pieces

1 Like

Also an absolute sucker for the old Girl Groups. Love The Crystals, Supremes, Shangri-Las but my absolute favourites are The Ronettes, probably one of my favourite songs of all time here:

Pop Muzik by M is another favourite. Timeless.

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

Agree with the good hook and jangly guitar of There She Goes (wasnt that written about coke?)…

According to the LAs band members there isn’t a drug reference…“there she goes again…coursing through my veins” is a simple metaphor not intended as literal…but people will always put their own interpretation to a song.

That is an absolute belter. I always thought it was about heroin. :confused:

Couple more 90’s ones, then I promise I’ll stop.

Originally posted by @lifeintheslowlane

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

Agree with the good hook and jangly guitar of There She Goes (wasnt that written about coke?)…

According to the LAs band members there isn’t a drug reference…“there she goes again…coursing through my veins” is a simple metaphor not intended as literal…but people will always put their own interpretation to a song.

Ah, but they would say that wouldn’t they :wink:

1 Like

I knew Edwin Collins …when I worked in Kilburn/Willesden NW London.

Went to his studio…Nice bloke…His partner Miss Maxwell gave me several CDs etc.

I know a popstar :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The Saints are coming…Skids. :cool:

If someone could load up etc for me…daughters not available to help the old man…cheers :laughing:

Have you seen the documentary on his recovery from his stroke?

I will chase up the documentary…very talented lad…who played all his instruments/computer etc…whatever they do. :cool:

When I was there…Never ever met a girl like you before? something similar…

Solo career etc. I remember the rip it up and start again period etc…even though I am much younger than you Goatboy :laughing:

Talking heads

On the road to nowhere

Sums up most of my life and a lot of other peoples :slight_smile: