[2015 Awards] The love that dare not speak its name

Papsweb Moderators Forward Planning Meeting

HTH

5 Likes

Tokyo, youā€™re a fucking knob head!

Lou i voted us for the undying love you showed me when meeting the only SWF knob who volunteered to meet you in a random North London pub with my mates. The subsequent result and performance was because of our strong and unique bonding (heavily assisted by an undisclosed number of lagers that night). It is no contest. :lou_is_a_flirt:

1 Like

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Thanks Lou, that means a lot to me.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Bucks

Lou i voted us for the undying love you showed me when meeting the only SWF knob who volunteered to meet you in a random North London pub with my mates. The subsequent result and performance was because of our strong and unique bonding (heavily assisted by a undisclosed number of lagers that night). It is no contest. :lou_is_a_flirt:

Mates is a brand name, Bucks, so it should be capitalised.

3 Likes

A general comment before we get into specifics, otherwise Iā€™m going to say the same thing loads of times. Cheers if youā€™ve popped along and contributed to this place. I realise that not everyone has internet forum problems to quite the same extent. I hear rumours of mythical creatures that can ā€œtake it or leave itā€, apparently; Morris Chutney claims to be one of them, and I donā€™t know whether I believe his incredible ā€œtake it or leave itā€ claim, but I was pleased to see him pop in today.

Big shout out to all the match day miscreants. I realised today that if we were all in a pub and someone asked me ā€œOi! Are them people your mates?ā€, I would say ā€œYeahā€. I hesitated with the conclusion for a bit. This isnā€™t a conventional setup; itā€™s neither the traditional lifelong friend nor was it ever the complete random meetup that some people made it out to be. I flipped the question, and realised I wouldnā€™t say ā€œno.ā€. That crept up on me. This does not mean you will get Christmas cards ļæ¼

Specifics. Goatboy is a chilled out dude the vast majority of the time, which complements the over-compensating short bloke he sometimes hangs around with just lovely. The only time Iā€™ve seen him close to angry is when we made the grave mistake of playing PES on the PS4. GB is the Sotonian Iā€™ve spent the most real life time with this year, but thatā€™s largely on account of him coming up to Liverpool, living in the same direction as my mumā€™s house in Southampton and the complete lack of arm twisting required when you ask him if he wants another drink. Louā€™s right. Itā€™s a good match. Top lad.

Super to meet KRG the other night. He gets wound up at much of the same stuff that irks me, which saves me some time, and also gets wound up about other things too. Flies off the handle from time to time, but puts it right or fesses up immediately. Our lifelong collective dream is to actually meet at Glastonbury. intiniki managed it one try, although with a notable advantage over KRG. She actually knew who and where she was at the time. Small details such as these help ļæ¼

Iā€™ve done the bletch origin story before, so weā€™ll focus on his Sotonians career. One of our first members, he came up with the butler idea (typical job creating leftie!) before assuming the position. Heā€™s generally more sensible than I am. Modding bletch up was one of my easier and better decisions. In the early days of Sotonians, bletch was quite uncharacteristically a vicious attack dog, giving anyone that strayed on the other place a nasty nip. That was a harder decision to call. I was intrigued with the notion of bletch as Sotonians secret police. I still am. But nowhere near as much as he is.

When the first consignment of pre-worn Stasi uniforms arrived at Sotonians Towers, I had to put a stop to it. It had gone too far. bletch was muzzled after being pulled off Fowllyd. He only retains his quarters because we miraculously managed to shift the Stasi uniforms as a job lot at a profit.

Weirdest transaction ever. Cash up front, the only identifying information we received was ā€œduneā€. The customer is always right, so we sent them on. Pretty sure that planet is fictional though, so fuck knows how theyā€™re getting there.

Postieā€™s problem, eh Bletch?

4 Likes

Originally posted by @Tokyo-Saint

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Thanks Lou, that means a lot to me.

Just canvassing for votes - you could put a bit more effort into it!

I donā€™t get Christmas cards from Pap and Iā€™ve known him since I was 12. Although it was a slow build up to actual friendship 3 years later. Maybe an odd birthday card makes an appearance.

We met up twice at Glastonbury. I am happy to attempt a meet up with KRG and all of or some of our party. Iā€™ve managed to meet up with another friend several times at Glastonbury - it can be done!

2 Likes

Sorry Lou I get confused every time some one calls this love in meet up club an Internet forum and pap has just used it a few times while covering you all in papy love juice.

The nicer the likes of you and Pap are, the nastier I have to be. Ying needs its Yang.

Iā€™m not fucking nice, dick-wad! Stop calling me nice! Iā€™m frequently nasty, just in a less dumb way as you!

4 Likes

Bucks was the first person I met off TSW. I really wanted to go to the Arsenal Saints game at the Emirates as I live round the corner but none of my foolish friends would go with me, and Iā€™d never been to a game on my own before. So I put a sad sorry post on TSW, asking if anyone wanted to meet up, which was met with tumbleweed. Except one random person - Bucks - replied. And the rest is history.

Iā€™ve sometimes wondered what it is about Bucksā€™ personality that made him up for meeting a random female on a football forum, and I put that down to his generosity, super laid back friendliness, and his genuine kindness. If it were the other way round, Iā€™m not sure I would have replied.

It goes undernoted on here, but you could argue that you all wouldnā€™t have met in person, if it wasnā€™t for Bucks. Big respect (and love), Bucks! :lou_is_a_flirt:

3 Likes

Itā€™s a bit like when foreigners swear thou innit? It just doesnā€™t fit and seems fake. I wonā€™t believe you have really turned to the dark side until you give Barry blue balls at one of your date drinky things.

This is a bit like when the Thorns try to take little Damien into the church in The Omen. He starts screaming and writhing. Deeply shocked and embarrassed, they yank the window down and drive off without attending the wedding.

Is something similar afoot here, Tokes? Does sir have a Damien like aversion to pubs or social encounters?

Yes

Iā€™m really starting to like you Lou.

1 Like

Cunt.

4 Likes

I love it when you talk dirty to me Lou.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

A general comment before we get into specifics, otherwise Iā€™m going to say the same thing loads of times. Cheers if youā€™ve popped along and contributed to this place. I realise that not everyone has internet forum problems to quite the same extent. I hear rumours of mythical creatures that can ā€œtake it or leave itā€, apparently; Morris Chutney claims to be one of them, and I donā€™t know whether I believe his incredible ā€œtake it or leave itā€ claim, but I was pleased to see him pop in today.

Big shout out to all the match day miscreants. I realised today that if we were all in a pub and someone asked me ā€œOi! Are them people your mates?ā€, I would say ā€œYeahā€. I hesitated with the conclusion for a bit. This isnā€™t a conventional setup; itā€™s neither the traditional lifelong friend nor was it ever the complete random meetup that some people made it out to be. I flipped the question, and realised I wouldnā€™t say ā€œno.ā€. That crept up on me. This does not mean you will get Christmas cards ļæ¼

Specifics. Goatboy is a chilled out dude the vast majority of the time, which complements the over-compensating short bloke he sometimes hangs around with just lovely. The only time Iā€™ve seen him close to angry is when we made the grave mistake of playing PES on the PS4. GB is the Sotonian Iā€™ve spent the most real life time with this year, but thatā€™s largely on account of him coming up to Liverpool, living in the same direction as my mumā€™s house in Southampton and the complete lack of arm twisting required when you ask him if he wants another drink. Louā€™s right. Itā€™s a good match. Top lad.

Super to meet KRG the other night. He gets wound up at much of the same stuff that irks me, which saves me some time, and also gets wound up about other things too. Flies off the handle from time to time, but puts it right or fesses up immediately. Our lifelong collective dream is to actually meet at Glastonbury. intiniki managed it one try, although with a notable advantage over KRG. She actually knew who and where she was at the time. Small details such as these help ļæ¼

https://youtu.be/Dgp9MPLEAqA

Iā€™ve done the bletch origin story before, so weā€™ll focus on his Sotonians career. One of our first members, he came up with the butler idea (typical job creating leftie!) before assuming the position. Heā€™s generally more sensible than I am. Modding bletch up was one of my easier and better decisions. In the early days of Sotonians, bletch was quite uncharacteristically a vicious attack dog, giving anyone that strayed on the other place a nasty nip. That was a harder decision to call. I was intrigued with the notion of bletch as Sotonians secret police. I still am. But nowhere near as much as he is.

When the first consignment of pre-worn Stasi uniforms arrived at Sotonians Towers, I had to put a stop to it. It had gone too far. bletch was muzzled after being pulled off by Fowllyd. He only retains his quarters because we miraculously managed to shift the Stasi uniforms as a job lot at a profit.

Weirdest transaction ever. Cash up front, the only identifying information we received was ā€œduneā€. The customer is always right, so we sent them on. Pretty sure that planet is fictional though, so fuck knows how theyā€™re getting there.

Postieā€™s problem, eh Bletch?

Nearly all true, but Iā€™ve correct a typo for you.

I remember when we first met in the flesh; I had been on the beer all day and hightailed it from Winchester (which I had walked to from Eastleigh) on the train to meet you and your bunch of losers for 40 minutes before kick-off.

IIRC I arrived in very colourful hiking gear - probably purple shorts and lime-green t-shirt.

You later described me (from the safety of your keyboard) as looking like a drunken clown.

That was fair comment.

Anyway, at this first meeting I held out my hand in greeting.

You brushed it aside and, unconcerned for the DNA transfer from my sweat-glistening body, gave me a hug.

It made a big impression on me.

It was like a particularly hirsute baby trying to wrap its arms around a space-hopper.

It was, however, the thought that counted.

8 Likes

He probably wanted to feel the warmth of your sweaty ball bag against his. How long did he hold the hug for?

Too long, Fatstuff. Too long.

Due to a catastrophic miscalculation in scale, my undercarriage actually lined up with His papshipā€™s chin.

Weā€™ve been mates ever since.

1 Like