[2015 Awards] The love that dare not speak its name

I just cried. Soz. X

2 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

Specifics. Goatboy is a chilled out dude the vast majority of the time, which complements the over-compensating short bloke he sometimes hangs around with just lovely. The only time Iā€™ve seen him close to angry is when we made the grave mistake of playing PES on the PS4. GB is the Sotonian Iā€™ve spent the most real life time with this year, but thatā€™s largely on account of him coming up to Liverpool, living in the same direction as my mumā€™s house in Southampton and the complete lack of arm twisting required when you ask him if he wants another drink. Louā€™s right. Itā€™s a good match. Top lad.

Yeah alright Pap, no need to go on and on. If you think Iā€™ve not noticed that youā€™ve conveniently ommitted the Lou & Goatboy lovefest from the list just because you canā€™t handle the competition, then youā€™re mistaken. You may be small, cuddly with soft flowing locks, and a cutesy walk, and clearly Goatboyā€™s type, but Iā€™ve got bigger tits.

Weā€™re on!

5 Likes

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Yeah alright Pap, no need to go on and on. If you think Iā€™ve not noticed that youā€™ve conveniently ommitted the Lou & Goatboy lovefest from the list just because you canā€™t handle the competition, then youā€™re mistaken. You may be small, cuddly with soft flowing locks, and a cutesy walk, and clearly Goatboyā€™s type, but Iā€™ve got bigger tits.

Weā€™re on!

Ah, itā€™s not like that. I was merely commenting on the ones I was involved in and still had a remote chance of standing in the way of the Fowllyd & SO5 4BW love juggernaut, and then deftly dodging the Bucks & Coxford_Lou riding hot on its tail.

I really need to take Barry Sanchez up on his offer of forum judo class. I could have tied you up for months with those assumptions.

Yeah yeah yeah, now youā€™re doing the old modesty/I didnā€™t mean it/ blushing/can you help me pick this up its a bit too heavy for me GB, card. You think I canā€™t tell?! I invented this stuff! Any more underhand tactics, and Iā€™ll start playing dirty and get the chaps out.

Back off Pap, heā€™s mine.

1 Like

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

Keep going pap.

1 Like

Are you all best friends?

1 Like

Originally posted by @Fatso

Are you all best friends?

Frenemies, Fatso.

Yeah yeah yeah, now youā€™re doing the old modesty/I didnā€™t mean it/ blushing/can you help me pick this up its a bit too heavy for me GB, card. You think I canā€™t tell?! I invented this stuff! Any more underhand tactics, and Iā€™ll start playing dirty and get the chaps out.

Back off Pap, heā€™s mine.

Just to help bletch and I manage site load, can you give me a ballpark on the number of love triangles you are planning to create on this thread?

2 Likes

New one every day, Pap. Iā€™m going after Fatso tomorrow. I can only see humiliation and destruction awaiting me, but thatā€™s what draws me in.

2 Likes

You can be Dido to Fatsoā€™s Aeneas, Lou.

Nullis ille movetur
Fletibus aut voces ullas tractabilis audit.

We need another vote option: I love all of you. Thats why I am here, period, to share in the love of Papsweb.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had to google that and Iā€™m still none the wiser. You canā€™t go quoting Latin to a lowly girl from Coxford now Fowllyd!

But Iā€™m guessing it means:

He couldnā€™t move.

The phlem in his throat made a terrible sound.

#Luurvecliquelovintwats

:lou_angry:

REAL love need s no awards

Bring back Cracked Rib!

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

#Luurvecliquelovintwats

:lou_angry:

REAL love need s no awards

Bring back Cracked Rib!

He left usā€¦ abondoned us

Yeah, sorry about that. I was setting my sights on a putative ā€œPain in the fucking neck smartarse twat who everybody wants to killā€ award. But I shouldnā€™t have done - after all, Balti Stench would win it anyway. Eheu.

Your translation is remarkably close to Virgilā€™s words, in spirit if not in the letter. An alternative, though less poetic and evocative translation is:

He stands immovable by tears,
Nor tenderest words with pity hears.

Say what you like, it just doesnā€™t have the same ring.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Fowllyd

Yeah, sorry about that. I was setting my sights on a putative ā€œPain in the fucking neck smartarse twat who everybody wants to killā€ award. But I shouldnā€™t have done - after all, Balti Stench would win it anyway. Eheu.

Your translation is remarkably close to Virgilā€™s words, in spirit if not in the letter. An alternative, though less poetic and evocative translation is:

He stands immovable by tears,
Nor tenderest words with pity hears.

Say what you like, it just doesnā€™t have the same ring.

Ah, thatā€™s beautiful.

My New Years resolution is to read more poetry next year. My Dad bought me a beautiful illustrated copy of The Rubaiyat Of Omar Khayyam for Christmas, which will be my first stop.

Have we had a poetry thread yet, I canā€™t remember?

Awake! For morning, in the bowl of light, has flung the stone that casts the stars to flight.

And lo, the hunter of the East has caught the Sultanā€™s turret in a noose of flame.

Thatā€™s all I can recall of the Rubayat. I believe thereā€™s a more recent translation which is truer in sense to the original but reads considerably less well. And so thereā€™s another pitch from me for the aforementioned awardā€¦

I donā€™t think weā€™ve had a poetry thread, and I canā€™t pretend to be an expert in such matters, though I almost got onto the subject of Russian poetry with the mighty Bletch the other day.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the one Fowlly! Excellent memory. You definitely get my vote for site intellectual! Bletch spends too much time pissing around with pointless typos to be taken seriously. :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

Lou, you are too kind. If you carry on like that I might start comparing you to a summerā€™s day or sumfink.