70m for VVD

That is more like it.

Does anyone know the punishment or consequences. I cant remember any other cases in the past

Slap on the wrist and kept in at lunch time

2 Likes

They’re already banned from signing youth players cos of tapping up. It would be v.funny if that got extended to cover first team bros.

9 Likes

When Chelsea got done for tapping up Cashley Cole the club,Cole and Moanrhino were all fined.

Hopefully this will make the club more determined to hang on to VVD. I can’t see Virgil acting like Fonte or Payet.

2 Likes

I’d be staggered if it emerged that Liverpool have made an illegal approach to one of our players…

The first that Lovren, Clyne, Mane, Lambert and Lallana knew of Liverpool interest was when they were told by Saints that they had permission to speak.

Probably.

1 Like

Lovren was different as he left is head in Liverpool after our away match up there. It was difficult to ignore his big morning heed there, just outside the 18-yard box, singing you’ll never walk alone and asking for a transfer. I don’t blame Liverpool for that one.

2 Likes

It’s unlike the Scousers to try and take things that don’t belong to them

10 Likes

It’s the fkn bare-faced cheek that gets me. Alright, steal my tyres, we expect that, it’s the natural consequence of putting BBS rims on a Ford Focus. But don’t brag to the papers about it before you’ve even made ur move! That’s ripping the piss.

5 Likes

Can’t we just take out a Restraining Order on Liverpool as a club? Nah fuck it… Liverpool as a City. Piss off Everton and ‘Ass Hat’ too whilst we are at it.

3 Likes

If Im being cynical. The report saying the Semedo deal is hitting the rocks is maybe why we are getting shirty about VVD

Lets be realistic. The club have said often enough that they do not have to sell him and that they will not be bullied in the transfer market. By putting their key players on long contracts is proof of that.

Liverpool’s tactics are typical of what clubs do is to get their pet journalists to print articles to turn the players head even revealing what they are prepared to pay him. The articles also say he has spoken to Klopp which is illegal. I would not have thought the club would report it without first asking Virgil if this is true,

Liverpool are currently banned from signing youth players after they were found guilty of tapping up a Stoke City youth player so they do have form.

The club say they are even more determined to keep Virgil and I can not see Southamton selling Virgil or any other player from saints for some time.

I wouldn’t go as far as that! I’d just like to live in a world that, when these rumours start up, it doesn’t always end up with SFC bend over & bro leaves Immediately.

4 Likes

Bugger. This will stop a perfectly good meltdown on TSW.

Or not.

You are right about the tapping up and head turning tactics.

Equally though the club will say that they don’t want disgruntled players who aren’t 100% committed to the SFC cause. That is their ‘get of jail free card’ for ultimately selling these players.

The extended length of contracts simply protects the club from a Wanyama/Clyne situation where they ran their contracts down, forcing our hand to sell or risk losing them for nothing.

Giving these players pay rises last year is also great as it reduces (slightly at least) the likelihood of players itching for a money driven move. However, and this is a very BIG however, the money supposedly in the offing for VVD - anything from £120,000 > £200,000 per week - is still far in excess of what they can earn with us.

If footballers were emotionless robots/assets/objects that don’t have an opinion (and a money grabbing agent) then SFC saying that they don’t need to sell would probably mean that we wouldnt. Sadly they aren’t and footballers are as corruptable as they come when it comes to money.

If it were up to me I would sell somebody like Tadic and utilise all of the proceeds to pay VVD more than he is being offered elsewhere. Admittedly a truly terrible and short sighted business plan but it would be very satisfying, just to irritate all of those ‘top clubs’ and their mass media whores who are desperate to fill column inches over us being pillaged once more.

2 Likes

Or just keep and pay him the amount he was happy to sign for and tell him to man up if he becomes disgruntled. Our pay structure hasn’t prevented our rise and stabilisation so far so why do what the “big” clubs do when we don’t need to?

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with you. I just don’t think that will happen. Ultimately the player will determine what happens. If he is relaxed and happy enough then he will stay. From what I have heard/read he has been so far. However if he kicks up a fuss like Lovren/Fonte then the club will probably take top dollar for him and move on. That is what history tells us will happen. The old addage about a bad apple rotting the barrel etc.

All eyes will be on his social media accounts over the coming days/weeks.

Jesus, it’s the pecking order - get over it.

Player gets offered a massive increase in wedge and Champions League football. Even I’d move to Liverpool for that.

If anyone’s going to use selling VVD for 60m+ as a stick to beat the club with then you’re absolutely fucking deluded.

He was never going to stay with us beyond this season. Admittedly it will be galling if he goes to Liverpool - he’s genuinely too good for them. Still a couple of successful years there and they’ll be bitching about him going to Barca/Real which is where he should really end up playing.

I’d be more concerned if we lost Bertrand/Romeu.

Virgil is staying. Bertrand on the other hand, is off, possibly even before Tadic.

Oh, Semedo is off to Spain, so everyone can forget about him.

2 Likes

Semedo will move to LaLiga, confirms agent via @OnefootballEN. Read it here:.

http://1.ftb.al/zNTc/8mACp6AbLD

I appear to have made a mess of the link. @pap if you would be so kind.