A Striker Needed in January?

True. Palace did overpay for Benteke. I just wonder if we might have beaten them to the punch by jumping in nice and early, bidding £20Mn or so, and having our offer accepted quickly given that Liverpool almost certainly wouldn’t have expected to get a better deal further down the line. Plus, Palace might have turned their attentions elsewhere rather than getting into a serious bidding war with us that they might not have fancied their chances of winning given the money we’ve made from our outgoing transfers.

I don’t know, I guess I’m speculating, but given how obvious it was that Klopp wanted to get rid of him, its disappointing we didn’t seem to make much of an enquiry.

Well if it is the English league set up, then a few I have scouted are below.

Scott Hogan - Brentford (struggling side 13 goals) age 24

Josh Morris - Scunthorpe (15 goals) age 25

Matt Taylor - Bristol Rovers (15 goals) age 26 - Forget the horrible name, but a Bristol Rovers striker?

John Marquis - Doncaster (11 goals) age 24

Luke Berry - Cambridge U (13 goals) age 24

Omar Hanif Bogle - Grimsby (16 goals) age 24

Rick Miller - Dover (24 goals) age 27 little bit older, but banging the goals in! Stands out in the non-league

Mikael Mandron - Eastleigh (13 goals) age 21

If we do buy a new striker in January, I think it is important to put in some contract clauses to ensure we get exactly what we want. Like these examples.

Very strange, I watched him play yesterday at Paris SG last night and he netted one. He looked a handful in the first half, but never got much supply in the second half as PSG were looking to get back from 0-2 down.

Good shout though!

Here is the action. He scored the second goal.

youtube.com/watch?feature=onebox&v=z2hvpmZZNzo

1 Like

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

Scott Hogan - Brentford (struggling side 13 goals) age 24

My mate (a Brentford ST holder) rates him. Said to me a few weeks ago that he could see him coming to a club a like us.

1 Like

Les will have something up his sleeve…

Other than a tat of Ms Liebherr.

Omar Hanif Bogle. I’ve never heard of him but we should get him. That name has a Bearsy nickname written all over it, and it would keep Bletch happy with fun anagrams for a while. These are the criteria we should be looking to fulfil rather than ‘pace’, ‘goal threat’ and other frankly subjective measures. Also Fatso’s ‘Pelle Fuckable Score’ should be a criterion.

5 Likes

Ryan Seagull is back from injury. He is perfect as Puel loves kids and he plays false 9s.

2 Likes

Reckon ‘Puel Loves Kids’ should replace ‘We March On’.

3 Likes

Perhaps not in the curent climate?

5 Likes

Too hot?

Originally posted by @Tokyo-Saint

Too hot?

Some of them.

2 Likes

So what is the score with Sammy Gallagher? Is it a season long loan or can we recall him? If we can it seems like a no brainer for me. If it is for the season that is down to Conman, wouldn’t surprise me if it was, what a cunt he is. Really enjoying all the blue nose scousers getting on his back at the moment though, loads of them in the Liverpool Echo calling him all sorts, my favourite this week after the Watford debacle was the comment, " He got 145,000 quid this week for delivering this pile of sh–te"! Great to be a Saints fan in Scouseland at the moment!

I hate it when people say that ‘club like yours’ my scouse mate used that just today, when I questioned him on what that meant, he said, whenever you want it to.

Pretty sure it’s season long, so no chance of recalling him. Let’s hope he performs well and comes back raring to go.

The loan deal was arranged long after Conman departed.

The way Puel was talking about him in a recent press conference is a bit of a giveaway."Do we get him back early or leave him to develop further"is what he was saying.I read from that it was a possibility and after last night’s brace it is more likely to happen.

Hmm, interesting. I thought it was a season-long loan, but if that’s what Claude said then I guess it can’t be. Would be good to see him back here, but I’d still be after a new striker if there’s a decent one going who won’t cost too much (I know, fat chance of that).

1 Like

Had a bit of a read up and it looks like recalls are possible for season long loans but only in the transfer window.