😢 😃 Actual cheerful nice stories that may give you hope in people

5 Likes

One great initiative across Poland is to make sure Defibrillators are available & easy to find in even the smallest village carpark.

Great news story today from Gdansk. CCTV showed a guy fall down on the station platform as a train pulled in people went to see him, the guard & driver got off & helped.
The guard gave (Corona safe CPR) (We’ve had TV ads telling us how to do it).
Driver ran to get the Defib.
They saved his life, he is recovering in hospital.
Karenski on Facebook in Gydnia ranted about her train being late

2 Likes

Nottarf already did that.

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes

Godamn hayfever

1 Like

Now here’s a heartwarming story coming out of covid.

My youngest stepson has got through these lockdowns with his wife cutting his hair.

Said stepson was a key worker, working through all the lockdowns, and does earn quite a bit of money, with his wife earn8ng as well.

Now that he is able to go back to his previous hairdresser (another young man working for himself), stepson worked out how much he had saved by not being able to go to the hairdressers, and on his first visit after all the lockdowns, he said to the hairdresser, that as he had been able to work all the way through, and the hairdresser had not been able to earn any money at all, that he would like to give him half the money he has saved by not having haircuts to give him a helping hand to get back on his feet.

It may even have been all the money he had saved.

9 Likes

Nice.
My hairdresser cut mine on Tuesday, went to Hospital with Covid on Monday, died Friday & went to her funeral following Monday.

1 Like

As kids we fell for the sophisticated marketing back in the day - essential for fishing off Hythe Pier as nippers….

2 Likes

For some reason they are a big seller in Malaysia with lots of different flavours

1 Like

What, you mean Halibut, Kipper, Bloater etc?

2 Likes

Years ago, they stopped selling Zambuk in the UK. My mother was fuming, it’s a staple of her medicine cabinet, when I found it readily available on holiday in Malaysia and brought her back two dozen tins she was made up. :smile::smile:

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like
1 Like

Fair brings a lump to the throat, doesn’t it…

I’m sure he’ll be thrilled. :unamused:

3 Likes

Seen Tom 3 times
1st was in the car park of the Hyatt Regency in the sandpit. Have to say, the novelty of Knickers landing on my head (even though from hot Air Hostesses) did fade
2nd time was with my Mum and that scarred me for life when she threw hers.
3rd time was Glasto I stayed well clear but I guess packing light meant not many were thrown.
Bet him & Stereophonics was a great gig.
Love them both live

1 Like

Given the paucity of hygiene opportunities, I’d say that was just as well. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes