As been stated before by myself

In my view, this is a useful and balanced perspective

I found this quote apposite - but read the whole piece. She doesn’t shy away from addressing culture, but offers some alternatives and puts things in perspective a bit.

Refusing to rule out that culture may play a role does not make way for the absurd idea that this places an obligation on certain communities to “police their own”. That’s as ridiculous as implying white community leaders are directly to blame for the repugnant attitudes of white police officers in Rochdale and Rotherham. And there’s a key difference between the abuse perpetrated within the power structures of institutions such as the BBC and the Catholic church, and the child sexual abuse rings of the sort seen in Newcastle. Those institutions were complicit in allowing abuse to happen in their hierarchies in a way that a whole faith or ethnic community simply cannot be. In Newcastle, most of the perpetrators were second-generation immigrants, which may tell us as much about our school system as the communities and families in which they grew up.

No you see it hasn’t and wasn’t (the law) in the cases of Rotherham, Oxford and others, do you deny there is a stalling or reluctance to proceed for fear of authorities being labeled racist? Do you also deny people has abused this stalling and the reluctance to prosecute?

The Guardian can wriggle all it wants and devise deviation and aggressive defensive measures but people are beginning to see there are real issues here, have you been to Oldham? I have and its a divided place and I am not exaggerating, the South has no real issue with this and hasn’t been affected by it yet preaches to these forgotten places, as a sidenote what did these forgotton places vote in the EU referendum?

I’ve been to Oldham and I don’t know about ‘divided’ but it is a massive shithole.

1 Like

To be fair mate Oldham has a lot to offer … http://www.visitoldham.com/

Luxury.

Now now. Oldham looks beautiful at times.

Goatboy has officially ruled himself out of the marketing vacancy at Oldham council … More fool him!

I was just posting pictures of the best bits!

2 Likes

To be honest, Great Yarmouth is where the cool kids these days :slight_smile: Jim Davidson “the peoples comic” for only £22 :slight_smile:

There is no reference to Jim Davidson in that link.

Do you have another?