Beelzebub's Official Match thread: Klopp's Nivia 'softlads' vs The Mighty Demons of Southampton

nope

Koeman anyone?

1 Like

I would be really happy with seeing what Sean Dyche could do with this squad. It’s clear something needs to change. The lack of goals is just weird.

He a fat, red faced rat. Fuck him.

What about Koeman?

Bloody Saint Bristol! Wavy fist thing!

Redknapp?

Eddie Large?

:laughing:

Why would Sean Dyche come here? Why? Wht the fuck would a well respected manager on the up come here?

Please give me some reasons?

Work with the youth?

Countered with we sell them.

Delusion abounds.

Lads, you’re living in football denial, we’re Southampton and our way has always been on the cheap, on the make and half arsed, if you don’t know that then you’re a defo clapper.

We can pay more money

Marco Silva will agitate for a move to Everton for the same reason Koeman went. They will double his salary. Will be interesting to see how far Watford owners dig their heels in.

Great time to go to Everton as well with expectations there at rock bottom. He could finish 12th and it would more-or-less make a successful rest-of-the-season from their POV.

2 Likes

Thing is that Dyche is basically just a more (currently) successful version of Pulis. His teams play hoof-it football with a big, physically strong side that’s set up to defend.

I’m no football snob and I’m perfectly OK with us playing in whatever way generates the most number of points on the board - but the trouble is that our players are such a bunch of complete softies that I can’t see Dyche and Saints being a good match.

I think we need to go towards the other end of the spectrum and look for a manager who’s going to demand his players pass quickly and use the ball in the most constructive way possible rather than focusing entirely on ‘keeping possession’ (which in our case amounts to little more than passing the ball to a teammate with a note reading ‘its your problem now’ seemingly sticky-taped onto the ball.

The back six are fine (obviously the keeper is a problem) but Cedric - Hoedt - VVD - Bertrand and Romeu - Lemina are a unit of players who should not be in any danger of relegation whatsoever.

The problem is up top. I’m not expecting Saints to effortlessly walz through pretty decent oppositionw with one-touch passing and walk it in or a midfielder who can belt it into the top corner from outside the penalty area with his weaker foot on three different occasions so far this season like Man City, but it’d be nice to see us playing a one-two now and again (rather than Redmond carrying the ball on the outside of his foot in a pitiful effort to make-believe he’s Cristiano Ronaldo or some kind of talented flair player).

EDIT: Actually on that point - why do we never seem to see Tadic or Redmond get to the byline? Like, ever? The great thing about getting to the sodding byline is that you *don’t* need to be particularly talented to deliver a destructive, hard-to-defend-against ball - just smash it like you would a shot if you have to - skid the ball in low and hard at shin-height ffs - once you’ve got to the byline quickly with defenders having to face their own goal as well as look over their shoulder with strikers charging in with momentum and breathing down their neck then you don’t need your winger to curl in a bending, dipping, perfectly-weighted cross for it to be effective - just smash it across the face of goal.

Actually, if Redmond would like any other lessons on how to be effective and useful as a winger with plenty of pace but literally no talent whatsoever then feel free to give me a call.

2 Likes

Why come here when he could remain and go to a bigger club? I am amazed at how quickly we’ve regressed, who’s going in January and who are they being replaced with? Who then are we buying to strengthen are already powderpuff squad? We need a couple of Joey Bartons or Nzonzi type of characters as we have none in the dressing room, we’re a team in real trouble and it is as simple as that.

What have the Chinese said?

Oh fuck all?

Katharina Liebherr?

Oh fuck all.

We’ve released a video about finding players via a black box in the academy which would be funny in a self deprecating way if we were doing well but we’re not so it make the club look desperate for propaganda and distractions and also complete and utter twats.

Joey Barton?

Fuck off Barry.

1 Like

Type of characters, read it you mutant.

What do you expect them to say? Sorry fans but we are shit? I would much rather that they kept their mouths shut and worked hard behind the scenes to improve things. By the way, how many owners of the clubs below us are in the press every day talking to their fans?

They’ve haven’t said a fucking word?

Intentions when buying.

When they bought.

When the season started.

And now when we’re in the shit.

That is not good, working hard behind the scenes? Lets go with that, if they are then they’re shitter than I thought as we’re going backwards at one hell of a rate.

Les hasn’t been wanking on the black box enough or Blacks box I suppose?