Black and White Stripes V Red and White Stripes

No way we’ll play two up front. Hojberg for Romeu. Otherwise same starting 11 as Saturday I reckon.

1 Like

Yep, i reckon this too and it’s a crying shame he won’t be more positive from the start.

1 Like

Do you know what, I have a sneaky suspicion that he might just start with 2 up front but with an ultra defensive formation, something like 5-3-2

1 Like

It would have to be an 8-2 for our Mo to play two up top I reckon.

11 Likes

Interesting

with all the talk from the Geordies about a must win game and all out attack and go for the jugular, Mo Pe is going to stuggle to get his draw either way

1 Like

Nah, we’ll park the bus to secure a worst case scenario of a 0:0

But we’ll rely on countering on the break

1:2 win for us.

…don’t quote me on this.

3 Likes

OK, I won’t :lou_lol:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Why did he not say “I resign “ at the end of his speach

Because that is what it sounded like he was doinng

“I dont shackel the players”. “I tell the players to go back”

Is that not shackling them?

0-1

Dwight Gayle tap in, completly unmarked.

As own goal winners go that would be up there with Gareth Barry

2 Likes

Cant argue with Adam tbh

That’s an interesting interview. Unfortunately, it seems that he just doesn’t recognise the problems we are having and as a result he won’t change anything. That makes me think he’s going to get sacked at some point and that we are going down.

That was interesting.

If I were feeling uncharitable I’d write what Fatso wrote.

If I were feeling charitable I’d say he is correct that we are creating lots of chances but that we’re not clinical.

He cites Burnely, who sit 7th, as creating very few chances during a game but when they do they are clinical.

He also cites the fact that we are the 3rd best team in the league at getting into the final 3rd. (I think that was what he said)

He’s either in denial or he’s correct.

The data would probably back him up in his argument that we’re not as defensive as some teams.

His team’s tatics do create chances - plenty of them but his personnel don’t score.

Just a shame that we don’t play the game in spreadsheets.

Data doesn’t show anything other than how you want to manipulate it, its doesn’t show heart and character which we don’t have and we haven’t had for a long long time.

That is more important at this stage than anything else.

We’re screwed.

Data doesn’t show spunk.

Are we talking about data from star trek? He’s an android so doesn’t have a heart or character or spunk, it’s not his fault leave him alone :lou_sad:

2 Likes

Raaargh. When was the last time a March game was so exciting? Like the fackin’ good old days, me ol’ chinas.

All we had to do was get really crap in front of goal.