Blame Bearsy for this Redslo Southampton FC blog thread

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @Bearsy

Which are the best threads for reading bout Redslo getting trolled?

There is a poll which he started which has attracted some of the usual suspects.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?54483-Which-club-is-better-Liverpool-Tottenham-Southampton-or-Swansea#.VYkQyEbYG24

How dare this American have a view on our team?!

The Wanyama one is MUCH better…

The wanyama thread is great. Without his usual people to act like a nob towards, hypochondriac has had his bile stored up and spewed it everywhere on that thread. I wonder if he got an infraction for his nasty words, the poobag.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Fatso

The wanyama thread is great. Without his usual people to act like a nob towards, hypochondriac has had his bile stored up and spewed it everywhere on that thread. I wonder if he got an infraction for his nasty words, the poobag.

Christians are great when they caught proselytising.

I like it when they say “can I pray for you?”.

No, you cannot, but thanks for letting me know what sort of sneaky bugger you are.

The question was intended to be ridiculous in response to complaints on another thread. I had no idea a poll would be attached. To be honest, however, in high school for a project, I asked teachers to fill out a multiple choice questionaire and one of the questions was strongly/somewhat agree/disgree to the statement “Some students are better than others.” So I have a long history of this.

Originally posted by @Redslo

The question was intended to be ridiculous in response to complaints on another thread. I had no idea a poll would be attached. To be honest, however, in high school for a project, I asked teachers to fill out a multiple choice questionaire and one of the questions was strongly/somewhat agree/disgree to the statement “Some students are better than others.” So I have a long history of this.

Exactly Redslo. We would have got it! Your humour is wasted on them!

I just published “Milestone 30,360.” It is a blog about my blog so Bearsy should love it.

http://redsloscf.blogspot.com/

http://redsloscf.blogspot.co.uk/

Whohoo. I think I got the links to work.

I just posted “Miscellaneous Other Salaries According to Football Manager 2015”

I just published a transcript of Les Reed’s interview on my blog. I cleverly called it “I Transcribed Les Reed’s 10 July 2015 Interview with @bigadamsport.”

http://redsloscf.blogspot.com/

http://redsloscf.blogspot.co.uk/

I hadn’t heard the full interview so a big thanks to you Redslo…and of course to your secretary…it’s very much appreciated :smile:

She is coming in to work tomorrow, but I spent my evening polishing up the transcript instead of creating more work for her. But I think your thank you will make up for it. Or else, I will get up early and do some work.

3 Likes

Thanks so much Redslo and Redslo’s secretary!

Oh wow, I love Les Reed. That was such an inspiring interview. Very open, very honest (although perhaps putting a positive spin on the Alderweireld situation with AM, but I don’t blame him).

His answer to the question about bigger squad and performing well in league as well as Europa next season was brilliant.

Can’t wait for the new season! How can anyone grumble about our club, it’s near on perfect in every way!

Southampton FC even finished first in the Saintsweb poll on which was the best club.

I ended up puttering around for an hour instead of going to bed. I checked my blog stats just moments ago and posting the Les Reed interview has made this my highest page hit day since 5 August 2014. I guess I shouldn’t bother with research and analytical thinking. The people want transcriptions or, failing that, tabulated data from Football Manager.

Now I am going to bed for real.

Southampton FC even finished first in the Saintsweb poll on which was the best club.

I ended up puttering around for an hour instead of going to bed. I checked my blog stats just moments ago and posting the Les Reed interview has made this my highest page hit day since 5 August 2014. I guess I shouldn’t bother with research and analytical thinking. The people want transcriptions or, failing that, tabulated data from Football Manager.

Now I am going to bed for real.

Well, that definitely not the case, Redslo. We just love Les Reed. A lot.

But you are also very valued too :slight_smile:

Well, I for one am disgusted. Two reasons, really.

First, all of Adam Blackmore’s comments are introduced with BA. Now I know that Redslo may just be honouring Adam’s wish to be known as “Big Adam”, but for us forty somethings, BA = BA Baracus. I spent the whole article imagining Les Reed was being interviewed by Mr T.

Last, I’m pretty sure Les didn’t say “rumor”.

You crazy foo’.

Yo cant be down on redslo cos he use a borrow’d langidge, sucker.

3 Likes

Ok. I researched this. You are right. I had not realized that there was a different preferred spelling of rumor in the rest of the crazy English speaking world.

I fixed this with a edited correction note at the top of the post.

I think you realised.

An interesting thing I’ve noticed when reading books written in the olden days in England (prior to about 1850 or thereabouts) is that words such as rumor were written as ‘rumor’ and not as ‘rumour’.

I’m not an expert on the evolution of the English language but it seems to me that us English may have added the ‘u’ rather than the Americans dropping it, so I reckon it could be argued that the American way of spelling words such as ‘rumour’ might actually be the more authentic (in a historical sense).

As much as I hate to say it, of course.

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Originally posted by @pap

Well, I for one am disgusted. Two reasons, really.

First, all of Adam Blackmore’s comments are introduced with BA. Now I know that Redslo may just be honouring Adam’s wish to be known as “Big Adam”, but for us forty somethings, BA = BA Baracus. I spent the whole article imagining Les Reed was being interviewed by Mr T.

Last, I’m pretty sure Les didn’t say "rumor".

Ok. I researched this. You are right. I had not realized that there was a different preferred spelling of rumor in the rest of the crazy English speaking world.

I fixed this with a edited correction note at the top of the post.

I think you realised.

Nope. I was speaking as me the American. Les Reed would have realised. But fortunately he didn’t use that word or I would be fixing it now too.

Everyone can search through the interview (and the other interviews I have transcribed) to see if there are any residual Americanisms. We can make a parlor (or should it be parlour) game out of it.

Also, based upon my research I just want to add “amongst”.

Thank you.

Now that we have word processors to write with instead of typewriters and pens, it should be much easier to add new letters to words. And yet texting is causing things to shorten. If only I could be alive in 100 years to see how it turns out. Of course, your descendants will be swimming amongst the remains of the British Aisles and not have time for such nonsense. Maybe that is not quite right but you get the idea.

3 Likes

Definitely parlour.