:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

Do you know what Pap, that isn’t even a particularly clever response. You’ve got form for holier-than-thou retorts which aren’t particularly self-edifying.

Good for you Goat - keeping both hands occupied at the same time!

1 Like

Not really helping your workload situation there, Cobs. If anything, the extra efforts you’re making in the assessment of intelligence will give you less time to grasp the concepts being discussed here.

Difficult to work the mouse whislt holding a glass though?

1 Like

Any party who says they can influence the number of houses built without changing the planning system and land ownership problems is pissing in the wind, imho. and full of shit too. Full of wind and piss. Basically.

“The Conservative Government: A windy, pissy, shitty mess.”

3 Likes

If I was an upvote whore I’d probably say something like, ‘‘You could say the same about Portsmuff, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy!’’

Now upvote me biaaatches.

Fuck you @gavstar , now let that be a lesson to you.

You should have put that slogan on the side of a bus :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

I have never learned any lessons in my life and I don’t intend to start now.

1 Like

On of the most srs and unforseen effects of brexit, is what it’s doing to my Football Manager team :lou_sad:

I’m trying to get Cambridge up into the Premier League here! All of a sudden, all of the little known european bargains I was relying on signing are being denied fkn “Work Permits”!!

Fk you Boris Johnson! Fk you Nigel Farage! Fk you Pap!

2 Likes

You should be thanking me.

You are one day closer to realising that all your time playing Football Manager was like using a particularly crap web browser, with less content.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I find it interesting that Remoaners cannot accept a democratic result, but if some poll somewhere, with a very limited sample frame, says that 17.2m people are wrong, they’re all over it.

Still, there are very few of them still bleating about it.

Even fewer with their own opinion on it.

Science has confirmed that people who voted leave suffer from collective narcissism.

2 Likes

I suspect Leavers would prefer the term “Patriotic”

Edit: I mean rather than “Collective Narcissism”.

1 Like

Says the circle jerk vote coven :lou_facepalm_2:

Let’s not pretend that the Brexiters would behave any differently if the result had been reversed Pap. Farage stated on many an occasion that he would have fought on if he lost the vote. Its got little to do with democracy and more to do with where you want your country to be. As has been said a number of times before, unlike voting in a government which you can get rid of in 5 years, we are stuck with this decision. If people believe it is the wrong decision, why not say so? It has been a complete mess so far and shows no sign of improving any time soon. The Poll Tac was implemented by a democratically elected Government. That was overturned as it was unpopular. If people realise that they have voted to fuck themselves, perhaps this will go the same way.

1 Like

We never voted on the poll tax and had there been a referendum on it, I suspect we never would have implemented it. Now re the Brexit, I would suggest that is it no way close to being that unpopular with the electorate.

It seems to be becoming less popular as the weeks go by. No, there wasnt a referendum on the poll tax but it was implemented by a democratically elected Government and was over turned by polular unrest. We didnt have a referendum to get rid of it though so how do we know that the whole country was against it (it may well have been but you get my drift). I still hear people say that they would have voted the same way if they knew that much of the campaign was bullshit. Whether that would be enough to overturn the vote, who knows, but I think there are more people who would turn out to vote to stay now than before. I dont think the remainers are unreasonable people and if they could see some benefit in leaving might even come round to accepting the decision. Trouble is, as each day passes it seems to be more of a clusterfuck than the day before.

Er no, that is not really a fair assumption. First up, no one is questioning the 52;48 split in the vote. What some including myself have issues with is that

1. If you vote was cast based on your attempted evaluation of the pros and cons of membership then you were fucked because a) the issue is hideaously complex, b) lies and propaganda from both sides, c) shit like the bus and Gove saying we have hasd enough of experts is a fucking farce in such an important decision. d) shit like the Sun running anti0immigration propaganda form 10 months previously on referendum day … - THAT is NOT Democratic

2. Those saying 17mil is the ‘will of the people’ - ist not its teh willof 17 mil who are entitled to tehir POV. Its NOT teh wil of 16 mil who voted the total opposite and no one knows teh will of those were eligable to vote but did not, nor those who were not eligable. Banging on and on about 17m being the will of a population of 65 mil is a bit pathetic. Its also why in nearly all other referenda, in other countries teh ceiling is set at 2/3rds or 65% - to ensure taht teh decison is more reflective of the ‘will of the people’ - It has also now set a precedent that if 50.00001% of those voting can take us out, then 50.0000001% of thsoe voting shoudl eb able to take us back in in any future ref on the issue, even if I dont believe its a fair way to decide it.

3. Democracy is about ensuring an improvement in society - not splitting the country in half with all the shit that brings… so not sure how this decision has improved our society as a whole…

4.) I happen to think it is wrong so I will not stop saying so. To me its not different to if we had a referendum on the death penalty and it went the way of those in favour… it is IMHO wrong and I woudl keep ‘bleating on’ and ‘moaning’ about it no matter what the fucking percentage split was - as is my democractice right - Now that IS DEMOCRACY

3 Likes