:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

I m not sure it is. I know just as many people who voted remain who now want to leave for a vareity of reasons including respecting the vote, wanting an end to it, disliking the EU and how it has conducted itself so far

I also know people who voted leave who have second thoughts primarily due to the uncertainty and not expecting the EU to be quite so knobbish.

If we reran the referendum, I would have money on it being leave again

1 Like

No @pap it was this lot.

1Goldsmiths, University of London, London, United Kingdom

2Instituto UniversitĂĄrio de Lisboa (ISCTE-IUL), Cis-IUL, Lisbon, Portugal

3Department of Psychology, University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Poznan, Poland

4CatĂłlica Lisbon School of Business and Economics, Universidade CatĂłlica Portuguesa, Lisbon, Portugal

Don’t tell me, they are all liars because the findings are uncomfortable to admit :lou_lol:

Have a read.

1 Like

2, 3 and 4 are defo liars because they are from Europe. no. 1 has obviously been tricked into thinking that this is true.

2 Likes

Really? I think this illustrates the point about why this should never have been left to the public very well because if folks really change their mind based on nothing more than being annoyed by folks who don’t really want us to leave it is really grim…

Claiming that “science has confirmed” is pushing it somewhat - it is more of an opinion piece

Study 1 - sample size 280

Study 2 - 225

Hardly a strong basis to claim a scientific result

1 Like

The University sector has a vested interest in as much openness as it can possibly get.

I think it might be the only sector in the whole country that can get non-EU employees without the bother of work permits.

You might be right about the vote, who knows? But I would be interested to see how people would vote again if they were told the truth about immigration, the money not being invested in the NHS afterall and the fact that none of the Brexiters have a scooby doo about what to do if they won.

Well, that, or your collective break with reality is widening.

Wanting something to be true and something being true are two different things.

I find it astonishing that you can ignore 17.2m people in favour of something you want to be true.

OK, pushing my luck a bit with “confirmed”. How about “conclude”?

The incidents of hate crime have increased since the vote.

maybe the use link wording “brexit prejudice scientists” conclude

:lou_wink:

2 Likes

They are probably just so bored and fed up of it all that they don’t both giving their opinion. The other option is that other people shout down those people because 17.2 million people voted for something different and so we shouldn’t have an opinion as the majority won.

We all have opinions, they are all different. We will watch the same thing and have a different view of it. One opinion is not necessarily better than someone else’s. But we seem to be saying that all the time now.

Frankly this ‘my view/opinon is better than yours and you are wrong’ isn’t going to get us very far and we need to find some common ground. There is far too much ‘them and us’ and othering going on.

Anyhow that’s my opinion and I will stick to it firmly and not waiver even if the majority of this forum disagree with me. It’s my right to do so. :laughing:

5 Likes

Corrected it for you…

Who cares about all this shit anymore? Have you not heard? ROYAL WEDDING!

1 Like

It transpires the Brexit reports are being released - albeit with a little bit redacted…

Brexit: Government studies handed to MPs amid secrecy row

5 Likes

You’ve missed my point, largely by offering up your own opinion :lou_wink_2:

That’s fair enough.

Pilfered strawman memes offered without attributation are slightly less impressive.

Finally, the truth. How could we have all been such fools

lol

:smiley:

3 Likes

Divorce bill agreed apparently. Could rise to ÂŁ57bn

Bargain. I’m sure the Leavers are delighted by this victory.

That’s another £868 on top of the £488 it’s already cost and we haven’t even started the real negotiations let alone left.

So ÂŁ1356, but I suppose parents will have to stump up their childrens share(i divided it between the whole population), which puts my contribution so far at over ÂŁ2k, not including all the costs i have faced because of the plummeting pound.

Still, on the bright side the EU are happy, the NHS is getting an extra ÂŁ350m a week, foreigners know their place and people like Give and Johnson get to rewrite all our laws.

2 Likes