:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

Bitch please.

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Originally posted by @Sotonist

Originally posted by @Nottarf-Krap

My opinion is that Boris, Gove and all the rest of them didnā€™t expect to win and therefore had no coherent plans as to what they would do if they did. They are clueless. Their whole campaign was based on bare faced lies, and overt racism. From their ludicrous promise to divert the fictitious 350 million quid a week into the NHS, to Farageā€™s disgraceful poster of brown skinned refugees, which was a throwback to the 1930ā€™s. Before Cameron had even conceded on Friday morning Farage was admitting that the 350 million quid a week pledge was a ā€œmistakeā€, ( a lie to you and me). Today we had Nigel Evans MP, a leading Brexiteer and policy maker telling us that if people thought that a leave vote would mean a stop to refugees coming from Europe they ā€œmisunderstoodā€. WTF! These two pledges amounted to their whole arguments. To quote the great John Lydon, ā€œEver get the feeling youā€™ve been cheatedā€? It is very hard to escape the conclusion that anyone who voted leave must be, to put it charitably, a bit gullible. Yesterday Boris was furiously back pedalling, talking about there being ā€œNo hurry to leaveā€, give us a few years etc etc. Unfortunately for him the rest of the EU are having none of it, they have made it quite clear that they want us gone, ASAP. And who could blame them. The UK have spent the past few decades whining from the sidelines, kicking against and trying to veto any amount of legislations the rest of the members want to bring in. Truth be told they will be breathing a collective sigh of relief. And one thing is for sure, they will make our exit as painful as possible to serve as a warning to any other nations that might foolish enough to be tempted to go down the same road. You can take that to the bank. Meanwhile, Boris, Gove and their chums seem to have headed for the hills, keeping their heads down, not a peep out of them. This was the last sighting of them this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRJby3PCfbo

be clear about this. farage ā€œadmittedā€ that the official leave campaign made a mistake in pledging 350m a week all to the NHS.

Where did they actually say that all the Ā£350m would be spent on the NHS?

1 Like

be clear about this. farage ā€œadmittedā€ that the official leave campaign made a mistake in pledging 350m a week all to the NHS.

Ha. Thatā€™s brilliant. I saw the bus but it didnā€™t say that, but blimey thatā€™s a bit stupid.

Originally posted by @JBoy

Bitch please.

Originally posted by @Nottarf-Krap

My opinion is that Boris, Gove and all the rest of them didnā€™t expect to win and therefore had no coherent plans as to what they would do if they did. They are clueless. Their whole campaign was based on bare faced lies, and overt racism. From their ludicrous promise to divert the fictitious 350 million quid a week into the NHS, to Farageā€™s disgraceful poster of brown skinned refugees, which was a throwback to the 1930ā€™s. Before Cameron had even conceded on Friday morning Farage was admitting that the 350 million quid a week pledge was a ā€œmistakeā€, ( a lie to you and me). Today we had Nigel Evans MP, a leading Brexiteer and policy maker telling us that if people thought that a leave vote would mean a stop to refugees coming from Europe they ā€œmisunderstoodā€. WTF! These two pledges amounted to their whole arguments. To quote the great John Lydon, ā€œEver get the feeling youā€™ve been cheatedā€? It is very hard to escape the conclusion that anyone who voted leave must be, to put it charitably, a bit gullible. Yesterday Boris was furiously back pedalling, talking about there being ā€œNo hurry to leaveā€, give us a few years etc etc. Unfortunately for him the rest of the EU are having none of it, they have made it quite clear that they want us gone, ASAP. And who could blame them. The UK have spent the past few decades whining from the sidelines, kicking against and trying to veto any amount of legislations the rest of the members want to bring in. Truth be told they will be breathing a collective sigh of relief. And one thing is for sure, they will make our exit as painful as possible to serve as a warning to any other nations that might foolish enough to be tempted to go down the same road. You can take that to the bank. Meanwhile, Boris, Gove and their chums seem to have headed for the hills, keeping their heads down, not a peep out of them. This was the last sighting of them this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRJby3PCfbo

What made you come back after all this time? We were enjoying our time without you? I had hoped youā€™d died. Shame.

And of youā€™re going to come back, please learn to quote.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Thatā€™s what i said, what point are you trying to make? Letā€™s face it, in the real world, here on planet earth, there is no 350 million, there never was. It is just a figure pulled out of the air. But of course Boris, Farage and the rest of the Brexit gang knew this full well, it was a bare faced lie. Of course they also knew full well that it would be lapped up by The Sun and Mail readers who could be relied upon to vote accordingly.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be able to take the widespread criticism of farage more seriously if anyone criticising him knew what they were talking about.

he didnā€™t admit thereā€™s no 350m at all. that seemed to be what you were taking his words to mean.

Farage is a knob of the highest order. Of that there is no doubt.

1 Like

subjective, but legitimate observation.

1 Like

And you do of course

1 Like

Originally posted by @TedMaul

Iā€™d be able to take the widespread criticism of farage more seriously if anyone criticising him knew what they were talking about.

And you do of course

I know that he didnā€™t pledge 350m to the NHS or deny the existence of the 350m. Thatā€™s enough in this case.

Lol Stay Classy why donā€™t you.

By the way, the bus had the same slogan. Dimwit.

He was with Johnson, front and centre of the campaign. He drove around in a Bus emblazoned with the 350m a week lie.

1 Like

Originally posted by @JBoy

Lol Stay Classy why donā€™t you.

By the way, the bus had the same slogan. Dimwit.

Unless it had different slogans on each side, I donā€™t think the bus said all of it would go to the NHS.

edit: ambiguous/plausibly deniable, unlike the poster.

Could you point out where in my post i said that Fa_rage admitted that thereā€™s no 350 million at all._ I said he admitted that the 350 million quid a week pledge was a mistake. Which is what he said. Read it again. Nigel Farage is a nasty little racist, but each to their own.

2 Likes

Ignoring the less emphatic wording on the bus, iā€™ll be glad to see evidence of farage in or near borisā€™s brexit bus. All I can see is him with the purple UKIP one.

1 Like

you are interspersing farageā€™s "admission with a statement that the 350m is fictional as if that legitimises your statement.

you are either deliberately misleading or you are not very good at making your point clearly.

The kippers have done the British public up like kippers.

It sickened me watching Ian Duncan Smith, crowing about how the council estates had a high turnout and voted leave.

1 Like