🚴 🦼 Cyclists v Motorists v Pedestrians

Originally posted by @BTripz

And to add to @Gay Abandon

7. Cyclists *MUST* use cycle paths when they’re there

Err no the Highway code is quite clear on this :-

Rule 61

Cycle Routes and Other Facilities. Use cycle routes, advanced stop lines, cycle boxes and toucan crossings unless at the time it is unsafe to do so. Use of these facilities is not compulsory and will depend on your experience and skills, but they can make your journey safer.

So the twat that nearly cause me to crash by honking his horn as he was overtaking me and yelling at me to use the Cycle Track was clearly in the wrong, as I pointed out to him when he was stuck in traffic and I was using the other Cycle Track on the other side of the roundabout.

For information the first cycle track is down a shared pavemnet and down a hill and is frequently broken by side roads, therefore it is easier to use the road and as the road is wide enough overtaking me on my bike is not a problem!

I have had a couple of incidents where drivers have lost their shit with me for not riding on a cycle path / pavement. The main reason I don’t is that I tend to be travelling up to 20mph, which in my opinion, is not a safe for the other users of the pavement ie the pedestrians. Therefore the most sensible place for me to be is the road.

The closest I have come is having a shoulder barging contest with a van that pulled out of a side road. Proper chocolate button moment.

An older post I missed before – but excellent work mate! I absolutely love it when moronic cunts get what is coming to them. :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

This is a rather extreme example of motorist/cyclist conflict at a Critical Mass event in Brazil a few years ago. **Warning, the video is quite shocking. ** Thankfully, no one died, although there were several serious injuries.

What a cunt that driver is. Needs his bollocks (not that he has any) put through a chainset on full bore with lots of gear changes.

Holy shit, how anyone wasnt killed was a miracle

what the fuck!

Here’s the full story. The driver claimed ‘self-defence’ :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Jesus. That’s like a terrorist attack. I wouldn’t have run them over tho, I would’ve just Called The Police.

Seriously this guy needs to come mountain biking in Wales with me. I know just the one to throw him off.

It would appear that Janet Street Porter has a view…

To me she seems to be making a highly erroneous argument based on what exactly. It sounds like the sort of tirade you’d find in the Daily Mail.

She does make this point in the article though

says Janet Street-Porter

who claimed many London cyclists fail to stop at red lights or keep off the pavements.

If the cyclists around here are anything to go on then that is highly likely.

Personally I stop at *ALL* red lights and never use the pavement but I’ve seen people mount pavements at full speed to avoid red lights etc. etc.

Janet Street Porter - kindly fuck off, you annoying nasally bint

1 Like

Yep, so have I. Just like I’ve seen motorists run red lights or park on the pavement. I would not deny it happens but would take issue with the implication that this is happening all the time and most cyclists are culpable.

Janet Street-Porter spouting controversial drivel to drive traffic (irony) and create a debate.

The sort of crap you expect to hear shortly before they say, we’d like to know what you think, text in and make our show for us because it saves us employing staff.

Nothing she says there is actually worth discussing as it’s the flimsiest argument since David Gold claimed that rioting West Ham fans were only rioting because the kick-off was delayed by their riot.

Gold actually said no one had thrown anything and the media should check the bus as it would be undamaged, it was just some exuberant fans and it was all Utd’s fault.

Originally posted by @Bathsaint

I’ve been there

So have I, but I don’t recll seeing a load of people sitting in the street.

1 Like

It was a Sunday when I went into downtown Seatlle, there wasn’t much traffic.

What made me laugth, though, was the group of, about 10, cops on their mountain bikes all dressed up as if they’d just come out of a Village People concert!!

1 Like

Looks like Kier has come out for the motorists