Day 23 in the Chinese laundry washing money house

Do you think so? I don’t mind it so much when things are going south. I mean, if you can’t wet the bed when we’re in the relegation zone on a 11 game winless streak, then when can you?

I do accept however that Barry’s sheets would be just as damp if we were top of the league and just signed Harry Kane.

10 Likes

There’s damp and there’s moist @bearsy .

Two very different things.

Both mean the sheets need changing tho’

:lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

Satire through frustration.

1 Like

Have you got your fist up in your avatar photo waiting for a revolution?

Nah, doesn’t cut it @barry-sanchez

Have a rethink on that approach - you might get a tad more support.

I have no problem with negativity during a lean spell. I do take issue with Barry’s topic flooding, on any issue.

5 Likes

And therein lies the rub…

Nope, but I’ll have my figurative forum fist so far up your figurative forum arse you’ll look like a pig with a knuckly apple in its mouth.

Was there any other part of the anatomy you wished to discuss?

It’ll be hourly threads on the 31st @cobham-saint Imagine the fun if we haven’t signed anyone before then.

Will @barry-sanchez make it through the day, or will his blood pressure set new highs, never previously seen or believed possible(just before his head explodes)?

Will @pap have to have a quite word as the the thread titles become more incoherent and abusive.

Will any players we may sign be good enough for @barry-sanchez or would he still moan if the club signed Donnarumma(GK), Giménez(CB), Correa(anywhere across the front) and Kane(ST), as they don’t fit the @barry-sanchez template of being too old and too shit to ever dream of better things?

It’ll be one big fun @barry-sanchez

Quite looking forward to it myself :lou_lol:

2 Likes

But just on the one thread though eh @saint-or-sinner ??

Look, for the record, I’m probably just as miserable as Barry about Saints matters, which is probably why I’m posting more about Star Trek.

I would welcome a Dustin Gee appreciation thread from @barry-sanchez right now.

And what would you call a thread that encompasses all of Barry’s feelings?

** It’s shit and you’re cunts, the lot of you!**

1 Like

Yeah, and we had words about Star Trek spoilers didn’t we @pap - it’s a slippery slope to “full-Bazza” !

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Your bellend and little finger.

Dustin Gee, now there’s a genius, gone too soon.

I think we were discussing Ralfs job back on this thread. He said that he was there to raise commercial revenue. He cited Davos and various other experiences that in his mind made him qualified to do this. I admitted I was unaware of how this was going as there didnt seem any evidence of success. In the Echo this morning it quotes that Southamton have the lowest commercial revenue of all the clubs in the Deloitte money league. Now to my mind that means he isnt doing his job given the time he has been here. Very similar to Redmond the only thing that seems to be increasing are personal bank balances and its time to go for Ralf

Surely in order to reach the conclusion that he isn’t doing his job we need to be able to see what the commercial revenue was before he took charge versus what it is now.

Without looking I can all but guarantee it is higher now.

Our shirt sponsor is Virgin Media, a massive global brand. No more low paying local start up firms.

Our kit is Under Armour, a massive global brand. No more Pony or making my them ourselves.

Theres also no teams in that list that I’d expect us to be higher than to be honest.

If you cant match increases in overall revenue with increases in commercial revenue whilst playing in the so called most high profile league in the world plus having a global brand sponser and european football then you are failing.

West ham would be one i would expect us to be above in our league. Im sure there are others in foreign leagues as well. My expectations are higher as well due to his own wage packet in comparasion with other chairmen. He is on a gravey train like Les. The best thing the Chinese could do is clear the decks in the boardroom and possibly get our accountant back

Piqued my interest there, old fruit*. What is the bg-nosed twat on, and who is he out-stripping?

* A Large Apple i imagine.

4 Likes

Am I misreading this or are you saying you expect us to earn more in commercial revenue than West Ham?

4 Likes