Do we care about the Leaderboard?

It would do if I could read it. In my defence most of it is down to bill gates and iPhone. No point proof reading, might as well give you something to live for.

Well, I for one have never tailored my posts to elicit up votes.

P.S. All tories are cunts and Thatcher and her ike can rot in hell!

5 Likes

Upvoted for sheer cheek, even though your strategy was painfully transparent, sir :lou_surprised:

1 Like

I’ll always be down the bottom of the list, being pretty much the only person centre or right of centre on the site…

5 Likes

Yeah, promise never to quote me out of context on that, Pap :smile:

And that should be reason enough to become a better person.

3 Likes

It might be true that you are the only person centre or right of centre on this site, Cherts.

On the other hand, some of us might be staying silent so as to protect our place on the leaderboard. :lou_lol:

1 Like

You’ve done it now, calling 5 of our members cunts.

That’s me off the leaderboard then, Bucks :slight_frown:

I vote we scrap the damn thing!

1 Like

Upvoted out of pure pity.

Honestly, I long for the day when a right winger rolls into town and manages to make a logical argument for the things that they want to do, or ostensibly support. Thing is, the economic arguments are all tied to a house of cards.

You’ve got the right idea!

1 Like

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Originally posted by @Halo-Stickman

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Well, I for one have never tailored my posts to elicit up votes.

P.S. All tories are cunts and Thatcher and her ike can rot in hell!

I’ll always be down the bottom of the list, being pretty much the only person centre or right of centre on the site…

It might be true that you are the only person centre or right of centre on this site, Cherts.

On the other hand, some of us might be staying silent so as to protect our place on the leaderboard. :lou_lol:

You’ve got the right idea!

Don’t tell anyone else, Cherts, but it’s probably fair to say that I’m a little further to the right than some of the people on here.

Then again, so were Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. :lou_wink:

Don’t tell anyone else, Cherts, but it’s probably fair to say that I’m a little further to the right than some of the people on here.

Then again, so were Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. :lou_wink:

Cos you’re old, Halo. Getting old turns people fearful and Tory. Looks like it’ll have to be a deathbed conversion for you.

1 Like

Lol, TCK

But 2 points of order:

1. I didn’t say I was Tory, just not so far left as some! Actually, it’s more accurate to say that I became disillusioned with politicians and, consequently, disengaged from politics some time ago.

2. I’m not even 60 and 60 is the new 40, don’t you know?!

Who is or was Thatcher’s Ike? I can imagine she’d have rather liked Dwight D Eisenhower. Or maybe she had a secret cruch on Ike Turner? I think history could have been somewhat different if she’d become Margaret Turner.

4 Likes

Isn’t it Bletch’s job to pull people like me up on this sort of thing, Fowllyd?

Bletch and his ilk.

2 Likes

What can I say? He’s slacking.

2 Likes

The Leaderboard is useless, although I am happy to at least have more than zero :).

Of course, if point are given for :

a) Age (100 per year)

b) Years supporting Saints - but doesn’t start until the year you attended your first game (500 per year)

c) Distance from Southampton (1 km - 1 point)

d) Cup Finals attended - even though I missed '76, but including Texaco, Anglo Italian, ZDS, JPT (5,000 points each)

e) Games in which you have watched Saints concede more than 5 goals - 1,000 points

f) Games in which you have watched Saints throw away at least a 3 goal lead - 1,000 points

With E and F you have to name the games too…

I reckon I am closing in on 110,000 points in total. Should push me up the Leaderboard a touch. Surprisingly E and F have only contributed a relatively small amount of those. A,B & C have given me well over half of those :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Originally posted by @Fowllyd

Who is or was Thatcher’s Ike? I can imagine she’d have rather liked Dwight D Eisenhower. Or maybe she had a secret cruch on Ike Turner? I think history could have been somewhat different if she’d become Margaret Turner

‘River Deep, Unemployment High’? ‘Nutbush City of London Limits’? What’s Society Got To Do With It?’…

4 Likes