Do you pay more corporation tax than Facebook?

My yearly ebay fees are more than facebook pay in tax :lou_facepalm_2:

3 Likes

You should get Sagepay.

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

Originally posted by @Goatboy

My yearly ebay fees are more than facebook pay in tax :lou_facepalm_2:

You should get Sagepay.

I use a different payment system on my website but if you sell it on ebay you pay a minimum of 10% of the total transaction (including postage) to ebay, +20p per transaction to paypal + 2.9-3.5% to paypal.

Also Facebook have had more than that from me, on my advertising budget over the last year! Maybe not quite, but you get the idea! Boost here, a boost there to reach my audience… Cheeky fuckers!

Then like goatboy, PayPal take their cut, safepay take their fee and percentage for credit and debit card transaction, then at the end of the year the fucking government take their cut for doing sod all.

I tell you what, leave the little guy alone and go after Amazon, Starbucks and Facebook… Along with others.

Dam Facebook, they have upset me now and it hurts me that they are my biggest customer base!

In 2012 ebay made an average of $7,147,945.20 per day.

That’s profit.

That’s per day.

Cunts.

I 2nd that Cunts!

Profit isn’t a bad thing Gboy, providing they chip in and pay fair taxes etc.

Plus P.S why 2012? Was that a particularly good year for 2nd and fake stuff?

Originally posted by @Tokyo-Saint

Profit isn’t a bad thing Gboy, providing they chip in and pay fair taxes etc.

Plus P.S why 2012? Was that a particularly good year for 2nd and fake stuff?

I think they are still ‘making up’ the figures for the last 3 years :lou_wink:

With regard to taxes paid by ebay, would that be in Luxembourg or Ireland?

ebay paid £620k tax in the UK in 2013.

It’s US accounts showed that it made £1.3 billion Uk sales and should have paid £71 million in tax.

Glad I save my diesel receipts.

Cunts.

1 Like

You’ve got it all wrong chaps - it’s bloody welfare scroungers that are to blame! They’re the reason we can’t have nice things.

1 Like

Yeah but at least they’ll post more regularly now.

1 Like

I find this thread interesting because everyone, irrespective of perceived political bias has reacted the same way. A few examples like that, on billboards, greeting gridlocked business owners could do Corbyn’s campaign a world of good

:lou_smiley:

They’re already courting the self-employed. Most small business owners have to shell out loads more than that, so it’s a genuinely good angle, I reckon.

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @SuperMikey

You’ve got it all wrong chaps - it’s bloody welfare scroungers that are to blame! They’re the reason we can’t have nice things.

I find this thread interesting because everyone, irrespective of perceived political bias has reacted the same way. A few examples like that, on billboards, greeting gridlocked business owners could do Corbyn’s campaign a world of good

:lou_smiley:

They’re already courting the self-employed. Most small business owners have to shell out loads more than that, so it’s a genuinely good angle, I reckon.

The self employed sun reading patriot who scorns the immigrant rarely declares their full dues to the state, tax in this Country is fucked.

Yeah, but one in seven employed people are self-employed, Bazza. Some of those run limited companies and they do worry about stuff like cashflow, tax bills, chasing invoices and all of that malarkey. The fact that a world-renowned corporation can roll up here, take 371m in sales, and pay just over four grand in tax will be a fucking disgrace to any small business owner that pays near or more.

I also don’t agree with the stereotype you’re painting of Sun reading self-employed people. I agree that you can take the parliamentary piss on expenses if you’re so inclined. Many people, myself included, aren’t that inclined. The aspects I love of being self employed really revolve around the freedom and the lack of stigma around moving jobs. The money has always been good, but when you don’t take the Royal piss, and choose to declare that, you not only have to find corporation tax, but you’ve also got a twice yearly personal tax bill which you’ve always got an eye on.

I’m not moaning about my situation. It suits me, and it doesn’t involve buying the Sun. But it does bloody annoy me when the smaller players play by the rules, budget all year to meet their commitments, and these behemoths roll into town, generate hundreds of millions, and pay a fraction of the tax we all have to find.

The only people not complaining are Facebook and their shareholders. Those that hold shares in the US corp, obviously.

1 Like

Facebook actually paid more corporation tax than AstraZeneca.

Last Monday, as the prime minister rehearsed his Manchester conference speech, a story appeared in this newspaper that showed you who really runs this country – and how. It revealed that one of Britain’s largest companies, AstraZeneca, paid absolutely no corporation tax here in both 2013 and 2014, despite racking up global profits in those years of £2.9bn.

At first glance this sounded like an everyday tale of Mega-Business Making a Mockery of Our Tax Laws, to be filed alongside Google, Starbucks – or this weekend’s disclosure that Facebook paid less to the exchequer last year than you probably did. But this story is bigger. It’s less about accountancy than where power lies in 21st-century Britain.

Astra’s tax maestro is called Ian Brimicombe, and he is more than well-known at the Treasury: he is a trusted adviser. Shortly after George Osborne took over as chancellor in 2010, his team began rewriting the rules on how big businesses are taxed. To help, the government appointed senior executives from some of Britain’s giant companies to a “liaison committee”, comprising Astra’s Brimicombe, representatives from Tesco, Santander, BP and others.

Not to mention those funny folk that come here and talk weird. Making Britain not British anymore.

1 Like

KRG - banging out nonsense so Barry doesn’t have to :lou_lol:

2 Likes

What a ridiculous remark.

Ha, totally missed that last post. Brilliant.

Anyway, add Netflix to the cunt list:

Netflix the online movie rental service did not pay any UK corporation tax last year, despite generating an income of £200million in Britain.

The world’s biggest internet movie streaming service has five million subscribers in the UK alone and has proved a hit by offering U.S. shows like House of Cards and the BBC’s Sherlock.

But the company has been quick to defend its decision to avoid paying UK tax saying it is making ‘overall losses’ on its international ventures.

All together now

~*We’re all in this together*~

1 Like

Just sounded the girls out on whether they could live without Netflix. It’s a great service, but a completely unacceptable level of contribution. Labour have already identified shopping for the best tax regime as a key concern. Campaigning would be the immediate way to go, but if they don’t change their tune, I will seriously consider quitting the service, even if does put a couple of daughters on the warpath :slight_smile: